Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Celebrity reviewing their ports of call

I've just had an email from Celebrity regarding a questionaire on ports of call. It asked me to review the ports visited on Eclipse last year and then went on to get my ratings for ports of call in 3 (of my choice) cruising regions.

Has anyone else had the same? Do you think we will see any change in ports of call? if so when? 2014?

Cheers

Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

I get one usually around a month after each cruise with them. Its a standard practice for them to get some general feedback on the Ports of Call, whether or not they take much notice - who knows but they must monitor it in someway if they are constantly getting bad feedback on any one particular port. Then they may consider dropping it from the next years planning.

Have to say I am quite disappointed in the offerings they have for this year and hope they come up with something a little more exciting for next year.

Images
    it's strange, this wasn't the normal post cruise survey (I completed that in August) this was only ports of call related

"Dear Valued Guest,

We are inviting a select group of guests to participate in a survey regarding the Ports of Call on a past cruise with Celebrity Cruisesebrity Cruises. Your participation in this survey will help us to enhance existing itineraries and design future cruises that enrich your overall vacation experience.

This survey will only take about 15-20 minutes. We hope you'll make your opinion count as your feedback is very important to us."

Last edited by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke; 18th February 2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: added a bit
    Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Hmmm. Now you mention it I think all the ones I have completed were lots of general questions including some on P.of Call.

Images
    I have a feeling that cruise lines might well listen to feedback. Last year, when we visited Dominica, our tour guide said that a lot of companies had pulled out from visiting them and they had far fewer ships that year. Of course, it could be due to other factors too I suppose, but it makes you think...

Hi Pippa, We're going to Dominca in March on Equinox - is it not all that special? Be grateful for feedback or suggestions for excursions. Regards, Brigit

Oops! Missed an i out of Dominica! Sorry. Brigit

Images
    Hello Brigit.
    We have done the Rainforest Aerial tramway excursion and throughly enjoyed it. Gondolas skim almost silently through the rainforest canopy and an experienced guide points out all the flora & fauna. It was very peaceful & relaxing...I'd highly recommend it!

The next year, we visited several private gardens and the owners showed us around and gave us refreshments. This was a tour organised by P&O and again we really enjoyed the day.

However last year, we chose an excursion to a small waterfall & beach. Although the waterfall visit was ok, the scruffy beach (& shanty town alongside it) left a lot to be desired and we couldn't wait to return to the ship.

Dominica is a very green and pretty island. In the summer of 2011 however, they had received much rainfall which caused mudslides and the roads were in a very poor condition, (although the islanders were trying their best to repair them).

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I have a feeling that cruise lines might well listen to feedback. Last year, when we visited Dominica, our tour guide said that a lot of companies had pulled out from visiting them and they had far fewer ships that year. Of course, it could be due to other factors too I suppose, but it makes you think...
    Hi Pippa

I think the issue with Dominica is that the Carnival Victory used to call to it every week year round but it dropped it for a sea day so 52 less ships calling per year is very noticeable. I don't think its an issue with Dominica. The Victory cruise was a 7 ports in 7 days cruise and many people complained that it was too intensive - it looks like Dominica was the casualty in this decision - for them it couldn't have been a worse decision.

Tom

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Oops! Missed an i out of Dominica! Sorry. Brigit
    Hi Birgit

Welcome to the forum

May I respectfully the folowing company BumpiingTours. Note that the double 'i' is deliberate. Bumpiing Tours
    We did the Roseau Valley hike!
    Middleham falls
    Swam at the hot pools at Trafalgar Falls
    Swam in Titou Gorge
    Morne Bruce lookout to see the Ship
    The Botanical Gardens
    Champagne reef for snorkelling

It cost USD60 per person but it was truly excellent! Free water, juices and fizzy drink provided throughout the day. Just bring some food as there is no official lunch stop and you are moving on all the time.

IT IS A GREAT DAY!

Dominica is out favourite Caribbean Island

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast