venice cruises

Hi
    Am joining a ship at venice. Does anyone know how far the port is from Venice Treviso airport? Can you recommend hotels for overnight stay in Venice please?

Treviso is about a 1 hour journey from Venice. Are you travelling with Ryanair? There are buses that meet flights and take you to Piazzale Roma which is on the Venice side of the causeway and the interchange between the land and the lagoon. After that it is water transport. I am not sure of the current price, probably about 10 euros each way.
    From p. Roma you can take a water taxi to the port. It depends where your ship is moored. Some moorings are further out than others. I have never used a hotel but Booking.Com, Expedia or Trip Advisor websites carry guest reviews you may find helpful.
    I expect there are other websites also but I have found these ones reliable. Treviso is of course a delightful town in its own right. Depending on your timings you may find better value hotels there.

Check out Crowne Plaza East Altino this hotel is 50 mtrs to the railway line and 3 stops 15 minutes to piaza roma there should be a harbour shuttle bus this will take you to the ship no charge if you have light luggage you could walk it a taxi would charge you plenty for this three minute ride it would be easier if you flew into marco polo a/port there is a 3 euro blue bus that will take you to piaza roma.

Images

Talking Venice

Images

One of the most stunning sail away's ever.........

I will remember this forever........

http://www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk/

Looks wonderful, can't wait till we do the same in August on Azura. I'll be up early so as not to miss the ships arrival. :D

Great photographs from you both. We can't wait to see it for ourselves in may next year...49 weeks and counting

BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Check out Crowne Plaza East Altino this hotel is 50 mtrs to the railway line and 3 stops 15 minutes to piaza roma there should be a harbour shuttle bus this will take you to the ship no charge if you have light luggage you could walk it a taxi would charge you plenty for this three minute ride it would be easier if you flew into marco polo a/port there is a 3 euro blue bus that will take you to piaza roma.
    sorry i said shuttle bus to ship i should have said to cruise terminal

Thankks very much for the info!