Topic: Venice

Venice

Is Venice Cruise Terminal from from the main touisty bit of Venice ie St Marks Square, Gondolas etc? Thank you

Images
    I suggest you have a look at Google maps.

The cruise terminal is linked to the Piazzalla Roma (Bus Station) by the People Mover, an airport style electric monorail.

At Piazzalla Roma is one of the main Vaporretta Stations (Public Waterbus) which will take you anywhere you want. I suggest a 12 hour 'anywhere' ticket at €16 as most one way journeys are €5 or €6.

You can walk to St Marks from the bus station, but you need a good map and it will take you about 30 minutes via Rialto Bridge.

I have been to Venice on numerous occasions, but as it happens I spent 4 days there last week for my Birthday, so this time I got to do all the things I have never had time for on cruise stops..........Wilba

Wilba

hi

from the port get the people mover 1 euro per person each way 1 min jouney or 15 min walk cross the bus car park and the vaporretta line 2 ? takes you down the grand canel to st marks

Wilba - we're going to Venice for 3 nights on 1 March for my (rather big) birthday. What's the weather like there? Don't mind it being cold but I really hate rain so I'm hoping it's not going to be too damp. (Please don't all jump - I do know it's built on water so is likely to be a tad damp at times !!) Hope you had a wonderful birthday and visit. Do you have any recommendations for a not too expensive restaurant for my (rather big) birthday dinner?
    Regards. barbieg

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Wilba - we're going to Venice for 3 nights on 1 March for my (rather big) birthday. What's the weather like there? Don't mind it being cold but I really hate rain so I'm hoping it's not going to be too damp. (Please don't all jump - I do know it's built on water so is likely to be a tad damp at times !!) Hope you had a wonderful birthday and visit. Do you have any recommendations for a not too expensive restaurant for my (rather big) birthday dinner?
    Regards. barbieg
    I can't help with the weather in March, but late Sept/Oct on my last cruise it was scorching. Last week it was freezing. Brrrr!

A restaurant I have used on three occasions, highly recommended to me by Neil Down is
    Venice Restaurant Ribot, Restaurant Ribot in Venice city center on the lovely gaffaro canal

We did find that many of the restaurants near St Marks, normally very expensive, were doing all kinds of deals out of season.

Wilba

Thanks Wilba - it looks really good. Will give it a go - if we can find it! I read over the weekend that the lagoon is freezing over at the moment. I can cope with that but really don't want it to pour down. Anyway, que sera sera ..... we will have fun whatever. Thanks for your help.
    barbieg