info required going to venice end of sep cruising on voyager

would welcome some input for reasonably priced accomodation near port pre-cruise.also post cruise near treviso airport.what is reasonable taxi-fare marco-polo airport to port area and taxi price from port to treviso area

Cruisiing from Venice

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    would welcome some input for reasonably priced accomodation near port pre-cruise.also post cruise near treviso airport.what is reasonable taxi-fare marco-polo airport to port area and taxi price from port to treviso area
    Hi
    I flew to venice Treviso last October and embarked the ship at Venice Port.It is much cheaper to stay in Treviso. I am returning to the Hotel Continental ( see Booking.com) as it was great value. It takes 5 minutes ( 1 euro) on the bus which stops outside Treviso airport to the hotel. The hotel is 2 mins flat walk from treviso rail station which takes you straight to Venice station.(2.50 euros) However although it is only 5 mins walk to the Piazza where the cruise buses collect, you have to negociate the bridges and there is no ramp from the station.(Very difficult with suitcases) and a motor taxi is not possible from the station. Water taxis are very very expensive . However I was told that is easier to exit the train at Mestre and you can take a taxi from there but dont know cost as I didnt know about the steps before I went. Hope this helps Judy