Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Thumbs up Venice - Exceeded expectations!

Got back last night from a 12 day cruise to Venice on Queen Victoria - brilliant!

I will write a review soon and have lots of photos to 'upload'! But as I have only just 'unpacked' may take a while! I do NOT want to be here!

Super itinerary, including Ports we hadn't been to before;- Messina ( Went to Taormina - fabulous) Corfu - Dubrovnik ( Full to bursting, but a superb place & they DO take euros & give euros in change! You were right Wilba!)

The 'jewel in the crown' though was Venice, this was our first time in this magical City, I had always wanted to 'sail in' for our 'first time'! So glad we did, the views were so stunning.

When we got to St Marks Square, I just could not believe how stunning it is, just overwhelmed by the Architecture, amazing!

The back streets, the gondolas, the Grand Canal, the Rialto Bridge, it really felt as though we were on a 'film set'. We walked for six hours but only scratched the surface! As you can tell, we loved it and can't wait to go back!

I paint in watercolours and can't wait to get started from my photographs, I have enough to keep me busy for a long time!

Needless to say, I will be 'browsing' for the next cruise very soon, this was our 7th cruise and we were only going to try 'just the one'. Like many others on here, truly 'addicted'!

Lizzie.

Lizzie

Welcome to the Addict's lounge :D

Glad you had a great time. I've always fancied Venice, but Mrs Crube has been and wasn't overly impressed. I think I'll try and sneek it in as a port in a decent Med cruise one day ;)

There is a reputation that the place smells somewhat. Did you find that to be the case, or not?

It doesn't smell anymore, dont know why but is very pleasent to walk around now.

Arlene

Keep smiling and keep sailing

Images
    Hi Crube,

I think I was so enchanted by the place, that I didn't notice any 'smells' other than a few ' tempting food ones!'. But, I am a bit of a 'romantic' and as a 'painter' I was just enthralled!

Very 'touristy' of course, but I just ignored that and concentrated on the amazing sights! I can see them now & wish I was sat by the Grand Canal with a glass of chilled wine!

Regards, Lizzie.

Lizzie

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Got back last night from a 12 day cruise to Venice on Queen Victoria - brilliant!

I will write a review soon and have lots of photos to 'upload'! But as I have only just 'unpacked' may take a while! I do NOT want to be here!

Super itinerary, including Ports we hadn't been to before;- Messina ( Went to Taormina - fabulous) Corfu - Dubrovnik ( Full to bursting, but a superb place & they DO take euros & give euros in change! You were right Wilba!)

The 'jewel in the crown' though was Venice, this was our first time in this magical City, I had always wanted to 'sail in' for our 'first time'! So glad we did, the views were so stunning.

When we got to St Marks Square, I just could not believe how stunning it is, just overwhelmed by the Architecture, amazing!

The back streets, the gondolas, the Grand Canal, the Rialto Bridge, it really felt as though we were on a 'film set'. We walked for six hours but only scratched the surface! As you can tell, we loved it and can't wait to go back!

I paint in watercolours and can't wait to get started from my photographs, I have enough to keep me busy for a long time!

Needless to say, I will be 'browsing' for the next cruise very soon, this was our 7th cruise and we were only going to try 'just the one'. Like many others on here, truly 'addicted'!

Lizzie.
    Welcome home Lizzie glad you enjoyed it :D

Just to remind you

That's cruel Spartan :D

It does look lovely though....

Images
    It doesn't smell anymore, dont know why but is very pleasent to walk around now.
    They separated the old drains so that sewage and rain water no longer flow through the same pipe in a lot of the city :D

www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/venice/solutions.html

Ah, thanks for the info, Spartan.

May help me persuade Mrs Crube to return....

Images
    That's cruel Spartan :D

It does look lovely though....
    Venice just keeps drawing me back

I may take a couple of weeks shore based to explore it all

Images

Lizzie.
    Hi Lizzie

So pleased you enjoyed Venice - it really is magical. We loved the sail in/sail out.

How long have you been painting in watercolours? I took it up when I retired and, like you, choose my favourite photographs and try to do them justice. I have just finished a watercolour of Peggy's Cove in Canada. My son recently emailed a photograph he took recently in the Lake District, but a lot of water and reflections so I am building up slowly to tackling it!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast