Hotels in venice

Has anyone stayed in a nice [ but not too expensive ] hotel in Venice.We have booked a Greek Isles cruise on Norwegian Jade in May 2011 and would like to spend a night in Venice before the cruise. How do Forum members think NCL compares with Princess.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Has anyone stayed in a nice [ but not too expensive ] hotel in Venice.We have booked a Greek Isles cruise on Norwegian Jade in May 2011 and would like to spend a night in Venice before the cruise. How do Forum members think NCL compares with Princess.
    Hotel Kette is highly recommended , you can google it. Marco and Michael are charming, helpful and multilingual. The hotel is a short stroll to San Marco , the heart of the city.

There is so much to see in Venice that an overnight stay is far too short. Try to visit for at least three nights before your cruise to enjoy some of the wonderful sights and experiences.

I cannot answer your query re the ships , have not sailed on either of those lines, but happy cruising !

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I stayed here for a week with my hubby, he was working in Venice, I was relaxing:D
    The double walk in showers were amazing as were the poached eggs.
    VERY central and staff were lovely.
    Venice Hotel Venice Hotel Rialto | Official Site | hotel 4 star Venice Rialto | hotels view Rialto Bridge Venice |

Cant help you either with the ships.

sue.