Geiranger and Hellesylt

I just watched 'Coast' on TV.

apparently part of a mountain will fall into the fjord sometime in the next 300 years, wiping out Geiranger and Hellesylt with a 40 metre Tsunami.

hope it does not happen when I am there as it could make a mess of a cruise ship.

Posiedon adventure anyone?

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post

apparently part of a mountain will fall into the fjord sometime in the next 300 years, wiping out Geiranger and Hellesylt with a 40 metre Tsunami.

hope it does not happen when I am there as it could make a mess of a cruise ship.

...I thought that was sheduled for the Canaries in the future too with the effect of wiping out part of the US eastern seaboard!

...I thought that was scheduled for the Canaries in the future too with the effect of wiping out part of the US eastern seaboard!
    thats right but the surfing will be brilliant

they reckon that Canaries tsunami will be up to 1km high, plus it will make the Severn bore interesting a few hours later, plus totalise CSI Miami.

Lol. That just made me chuckle from ear to ear. Although of course it's a very serious subject. Ahem ahem...

....plus, a massive chunk of Big Island, Hawaii is going to fall and smash the Western coast of America.....
    Remember that geologists talk as tho' 10,000 years is tomorrow.- Jo.