Whatever next Bowls Cruises

Its bad enough trying to get near to the Jack on land now I see that Greg Harlow is going to show you how its done on the Braemar 22 May 2012. Good Luck hope it will be calm in the Irish Sea

Canberra 1971, 1972, 1973 & 1978(RTW)
    Ausonia 1981 Azur 1988 Costa Allegra 1996
    Black Watch 2000, Black Prince 2001
    Aurora 2003, 2004, 2004, 2011, 2012
    Artemis 2005, 2007, 2007, 2009(RTW), 2010, 2010 (Antarctica), 2011
    Arcadia 2006, 2011, Oriana 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013
    Adonia 2003, Oceana 2009, 2012, Marco Polo 2010

My vote is for P & O

Queen Victoria has 2 short mat rinks. The Eclipse has a real grass lawn but I can't remember which games are played on it.
    I remember playing indoor bowls on my very first cruise some 13 years ago. It was on an Airtours ship and we played in one of the lounge bars with the tables moved to create 'the rink'. It was also a bit choppy and made for an interesting game!!
    Cheers
    Harvey

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Its bad enough trying to get near to the Jack on land now I see that Greg Harlow is going to show you how its done on the Braemar 22 May 2012. Good Luck hope it will be calm in the Irish Sea
    The NCL ships Norwegian Epic, Pearl and Gem have full size 10 pin bowling alleys and MSC Splendida has 2 mini 10 pin bowling alleys. so why not bowls as well. RCIs Radiance Class ships have gyroscopic self levelling pool tables so it can't be long before they have similar arrangements for bowling, perhaps Saga will be the first cruise line to try it.

Pete

Pete

If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Images
    Hi
    They had bowls on the Spirit in Oct.
    Laid a mat out the full length of the lounge.
    And boy were they serious.!!!
    Every game was won by a lady

Explorers' Lounge
    16:00: Carpet Bowls, Join Lewis for game. Who will get nearest to the jack!

We were in port btw.
    JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    The Guardian,,,,, Newspaper of the Year.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Queen Victoria has 2 short mat rinks. The Eclipse has a real grass lawn but I can't remember which games are played on it.
    I remember playing indoor bowls on my very first cruise some 13 years ago. It was on an Airtours ship and we played in one of the lounge bars with the tables moved to create 'the rink'. It was also a bit choppy and made for an interesting game!!
    Cheers
    Harvey
    I remember playing carpet bowls on the Carousel on the Atlantic Islands itinerary. It's a small ship, and the sea was pretty choppy, so it was an interesting game!

As a tenpin bowler of 'International Standards' admitted many years ago, I just had to try out the lanes on NCL when they first introduced them, other than being shorter than normal lanes, we had lots of fun, playing at sea.

However think they should allow extra weight allowance when flying to join ship, as my balls weigh sixteen pounds each.

Okay have heard all the jokes about the above statement.