Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Is it somebody posing as the original Libra Lass then or has the original poster lost the plot?
    Hi Joe,

No it's not Libra lass from Bath, but someone, who uses versions of her avatar! This troll has also used lots of other names on here!

It is becoming a daily pain, especially as it also alters others posts to cause trouble! Changed one of mine today, luckily it's gone!

Lizzie.

Hi Joe,

No it's not Libra lass from Bath, but someone, who uses versions of her avatar! This troll has also used lots of other names on here!

It is becoming a daily pain, especially as it also alters others posts to cause trouble! Changed one of mine today, luckily it's gone!

Lizzie.
    right!

well, you were right anyway!

Images
    What gridlock?
    Just my luck!

I only visit Southampton very occasionally for a cruise; however I have been caught in some terrible traffic jams. My record is 'De Vere Grand' to the QEII terminal by car - one hour! (It should take 5-10 minutes). Ikea doesnt help on Saturdays.

I have also experienced some terrible embarkation queues in the various cruise terminals. My record is boarding is finally being allowed on seven hours later than my embarkation time of 12.00pm (QM2) - because of a major cock-up!

I have never been so unlucky at Dover or Harwich.

Just my luck!

I only visit Southampton very occasionally for a cruise; however I have been caught in some terrible traffic jams. My record is 'De Vere Grand' to the QEII terminal by car - one hour! (It should take 5-10 minutes). Ikea doesnt help on Saturdays.

I have also experienced some terrible embarkation queues in the various cruise terminals. My record is boarding is finally being allowed on seven hours later than my embarkation time of 12.00pm (QM2) - because of a major cock-up!

I have never been so unlucky at Dover or Harwich.
    For what it's worth Malcolm, those two examples you give are obviously freak occurrences (as you yourself recognise). Although, I would contest your claim that getting from the DeVere hotel to the QEII terminal should take 5-10mins. On a normal day with no cruise ship activity then maybe, but add an extra thousand vehicles into the mix and the reality is that this 'short' journey is going to take significantly longer.

I have to deal with the cruise traffic on a weekly basis throughout peak season, living on the major route into the affected part of town, and admittedly it is busy. But, with an average of four ships in on a peak season weekend day, the traffic has to go somewhere.

Smaller ports will inevitably have smaller traffic problems, but if you want a port which offers choice in the form of many cruise ships serving it, then inevitably you will get traffic issues. Equally, if you increase the number of ships serving a quiet port, then you'll seen create new traffic problems.

The only solution would be to build an entirley new port, with an entirely new traffic system to serve it, in an as yet undeveloped area, and obviously the cost implication of this means it is an impossibility.

On the whole, I think the majority of cruisers are satisfied with the embarkation and disembarkation times, particularly when compared to the experience of a peak season Gatwick airport for example.

I think we sometimes have to have realistic expectations about what is and isn't possible. 3000 people heading for the same cruise ship is going to cause congestion, there's not a great deal that can be done,

Images

Cruise Ikea

Just my luck!

Ikea doesnt help on Saturdays.

Hi Malcolm, I've never cruised Ikea. Sounds like another budget line.

On a more serious note. Advice is continually given on these web pages to 'turn up early' and ignore your check-in time. I'm not surprised there are 'embarkation queues' when passengers take this advice.

Hi Malcolm, I've never cruised Ikea. Sounds like another budget line.

If you don't mind assembling your stateroom furniture yourself, it's fine.

On a more serious note. Advice is continually given on these web pages to 'turn up early' and ignore your check-in time. I'm not surprised there are 'embarkation queues' when passengers take this advice.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you Richard. If everyone turned up at their appointed time then it would all flow freely.

cheers
    Harvey

I wholeheartedly agree with you Richard. If everyone turned up at their appointed time then it would all flow freely.

cheers
    Harvey
    Are the check in times printed on passengers' documents staggered then? I assumed that everybody received documents with the same time on as the time was just a guide as to when check in facilities would open.

Images

Check-in times

Are the check in times printed on passengers' documents staggered then? I assumed that everybody received documents with the same time on as the time was just a guide as to when check in facilities would open.
    Certainly are, and very clearly.

Certainly are, and very clearly.
    Not that clearly in my opinion. Saying "Check in : 1400h" which is what my Royal Caribbean and P&O docs say doesn't give any impression whether that's a staggered time or not.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast