Images

Norwegian cancels cruises for sport charters

Norwegian Cruise Line has cancelled cruises scheduled for next year aboard the Norwegian Jade and the yet-to-be-launched Norwegian Getaway so that the vessels can be used for private charters.

Cruises scheduled aboard the Norwegian Jade between the end of January and the start of March have been bumped and the ship will now be used by TUI Travel as a hotel lodging for the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian port of Sochi.

The Getaway, which is currently under construction, has also been freed from its scheduled itinerary for the start of February so that it can provide accommodation during Super Bowl 48, the climax of the National Football League Season, which takes place on February 2nd in New Jersey.

With the Getaway capable of carrying 4,000 passengers, the amount of disruption caused by changing its planned voyages is likely to be widespread.

Affected passengers booked on the Jade who switch to other select sailings will receive compensation in the form of onboard credit.

Meanwhile, those who had paid to sail from Rotterdam across the Atlantic with the Getaway will have their reservations automatically transferred to a new, slightly later fare and receive onboard credit, according to Seatrade Insider.

How very short sighted of NCL. letting down all their regular customers just to make a little extra money for a short period, i am sure that in the long run it will "Kick them in the teeth"

Any one wants to plays bridge and is on any of the cruises listed below please send me a private message

cruises 2012
    Eclipse 12/05
    Queen Victoria 24/03
    Eclipse 12/05
    Oceania Riveria 13/08
    Eclipse 29/09
    Queen Victoria 20/12

2013 Cruises booked
    Eclipse 11/05
    Eclipse 06/07
    Eclipse 31/08
    Eclipse 20/10

Just a thought - with hotel prices in Brazil expected to reach as much as £700 per night - I wonder how many ships will go to Brazil next summer.

Annie

Illegitimi non carborundum

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Just a thought - with hotel prices in Brazil expected to reach as much as £700 per night - I wonder how many ships will go to Brazil next summer.

Annie
    One would imagine quite a lot Annie. Regarding NCL and the Winter Olympics, one can only hope they become icebound and it costs them a fortune! Judith