Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Whatr has the last 5-6 answers got to do with drinking, I was hoping that this forum had changed, but it still seems the same, going of at a tangent and ending up as a free for all because someone took offence at a statement, we are talking about 2 much drinnking possibly.... why is RCI always slagged off for its prices here we go a glass of wine,
    Costa Euro 6.75
    Princess $6.75
    NCL $6.25
    Cunard $5.95
    Ociana $5.75
    Azamara from $5.75
    Holland America, RCI $5.50

So why arent people moaning about the above lines as for Spirit and Mixer 6 cruise lines are more expensive than RCI, Bottle of beer 2 are higher, so RCI are very competitive,and just to finish a Latte Coffee 9 cruise lines are higher than RCI

Absolutely nothing at all!! Maybe we thought that the subject had been done to death!
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Whatr has the last 5-6 answers got to do with drinking, I was hoping that this forum had changed, but it still seems the same, going of at a tangent and ending up as a free for all because someone took offence at a statement, we are talking about 2 much drinnking possibly.... why is RCI always slagged off for its prices here we go a glass of wine,
    Costa Euro 6.75
    Princess $6.75
    NCL $6.25
    Cunard $5.95
    Ociana $5.75
    Azamara from $5.75

So why arent people moaning about the above lines as for Spirit and Mixer 6 cruise lines are more expensive than RCI, Bottle of beer 2 are higher, so RCI are very competitive,and just to finish a Latte Coffee 9 cruise lines are higher than RCI

Images
    Costa Euro 6.75
    Princess $6.75
    NCL $6.25
    Cunard $5.95
    Ociana $5.75
    Azamara from $5.75

Well hello Brian...Long time no hear.

Now you know how much we love going off at a target, that's part of the fun of posting and no one has taken the hump, just a difference of opinion. So offence? Perish the thought.

... and we can usually rely on a member to bring us back in line, so well done you.

Now you've scared me, I can feel myself getting more intolerant as the hours go by :-)) I can only hope that my children watch out for the moment when I start complaining too loudly and have a reel of duck tape handy !! :-)))
    Remember insanity is hereditary... you get it from your kids

I hope you have a lovely cruse and will look in to see what your comments are afterwards what itinery are you doing?
    I'm going on Saturday on IOTS on the Indy 11 night cruise, so will let you all know if they have revoked or altered the AI plan, personally I hope they have cancelled it.

You have said what I was saying to my son today he said the same which is why cant they take a picture and issues with a laminated pass which you use when you want a drink, its really not fair when the minority spoil things for the majority of honest cruisers.
    My husband and I were on the I.O.S. on the 25th March sailing, I would say that the all inclusive package was being severely abused with only one member of a party purchasing the package and then after a few minutes the card would be passed around to several other passengers who also proceeded to use it, incidentally you do not have to sign for any drinks.

RCI have fallen down on this package which allows other passengers to use this card by not issuing photo ID on a separate card (not the sea pass card) and making the actual user sign for his or her drink. If this system was implemented RCI would find this system was not being abused.

I.O.S. is a lovely ship and we really enjoyed our cruise.

LOL you are waiting for retorts, well on some points I agree I have found some of the older generation can tend to be a little rude and think they should be respected even if they don't respect, but fortunately not too many but that can also be said of some younger generations, I was always taught that it costs nothing to be polite and my grandson and granddaughter both say please and thank you, and their parents like them to be well mannered by the way my granddaughter is 2 1/2 yrs old but she knows if she doesnt say please or thank you she doesn't get, and I am one of the older generation a reasonably youthful 63yr old even if a little dodgy on the knees :-)
    We had exactly the same concerns before we went too. RCI had overbooked and were phoning people willing to be bumped, then there was all that Norovirus scare where the Windjammer and Johnny Rockets were closed for a few days, but we had an absolutely fantastic time and I know you will too. The ship was full, but it is huge remember!

There were queues, but there were not as bad as some are saying and certainly no more than a few minutes in our experience. Even queueing to return to the ship the longest we queued was only about 5 mins. The Ice Show ticket queuing was a farce, but we only queued for literally 2-3 minutes for those.

On the rude comment, yes, there were people who were rude and I think on average you will inevitably find those when there are 4000 passengers on board. In my experience, and I know I will be extremely contentious here with my generalisation, but it is the more elderly that seem to complain incessantly about petty things and are certainly the most rude; they seem to think their age gives them privileges that don't need manners any more - whatever happened to P's and Q's - you don't even need a package for those! There said it now, just waiting for the retorts...!!!

I really hope that you will enjoy your trip as much as we did, she's a lovely ship.

LOL good idea shall pack some for myself :-)
    Now you've scared me, I can feel myself getting more intolerant as the hours go by :-)) I can only hope that my children watch out for the moment when I start complaining too loudly and have a reel of duck tape handy !! :-)))

----if not I will be looking around for another Cruise Line as well.
    P&O seem to have it sorted, only problem their initial prices ( booking to get on the cruise )is considerably more expensive than RCCL.

Drinking age isn't really a new issue. Actually, one senator has suggested that the Alaska age of drinking be reduced for military members. I read this here: Alaska drinking age reduction proposed, not likely to pass
    For almost three decades, anyone in the United States had to be twenty-one years of age or older in order to legally purchase a drink. The arguments about the "fairness" of this law have been considered since long before the law passed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast