Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Talking The Queen WILL name the Queen!

IT'S OFFICIAL!

We've just received news that The Queen will officially name Cunard's newest liner in Southampton next month.

At a spectacular quayside ceremony Her Majesty will send a traditional bottle of champagne crashing against the massive hull of her regal namesake, Queen Elizabeth, signalling the ship's entry into service and her arrival in her home port of Southampton.

Cunard's sixth Queen and second largest vessel will arrive in Southampton on 8th October in time to prepare for the Royal event.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    IT'S OFFICIAL!

We've just received news that The Queen will officially name Cunard's newest liner in Southampton next month.

At a spectacular quayside ceremony Her Royal Highness will send a traditional bottle of champagne crashing against the massive hull of her regal namesake, Queen Elizabeth, signalling the ship's entry into service and her arrival in her home port of Southampton.

Cunard's sixth Queen and second largest vessel will arrive in Southampton on 8th October in time to prepare for the Royal event.
    Just had to be. No one else!
    One day, I WILL TRY CUNARD. Think I am missing out. (sorry for shouting)

*Carol M*

:D Sorry Mrs Robinson.. But posted before you at 1.18pm....:p
    Let me have my 5mins of fame ! ;)

Only Joking ;) but thanks for the confirmation as I begining to think I might have misunderstood the news.

Paul.;)

Images

Sorry, but...

:D Sorry Mrs Robinson.. But posted before you at 1.18pm....:p
    Let me have my 5mins of fame ! ;)

Only Joking ;) but thanks for the confirmation as I begining to think I might have misunderstood the news.

Paul.;)
    Hi Paul - Sorry I didn't realise! (You put it in the Roll Call section - try putting it under 'News' next time :D)

Hi Paul - Sorry I didn't realise! (You put it in the Roll Call section - try putting it under 'News' next time :D)
    No wonder you won't give me a job in your department :o ;)

I think it is wonderful news, there really was only "one person" to do the "honours"

When we were on QM2 a couple of months ago this was the question everyone was asking, the Captain said he didn't know but it seems rather strange that the Queen would have only recently agreed to it, perhaps it is something to do with security.

Jo

The Queen will name the Queen

An American-owned ship, built in Italy named after the Queen. What a sad reflection on post-industrial Britain. The first one was built on the Clyde, Cunard was mainly Bbritish and Queen's mother launched it. Oh dear!!

Images
    BBC News - Queen to name 'new QE2' cruise liner in Southampton

there was also a piece on South Today, will add as a link if it comes onto IPlayer

Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

I am very happy to hear that the Queen will name the new Queen Elizabeth. I am a Royalist and a true Cunarder.

We were fortunate enough to be boarding the QE2 in June 2008 when the Queen was on board saying goodbye to the ship and it's company. We all had to wait in the departure lounge untill she left the ship. She walked through the lounge to music playing and people shouting & roars of cheers and applauds. She looks wonderful when you see her in the flesh. My husband has met her a few times in recent years and she is a remarkable women. She stood for hours giving out out "gongs "when my husband received his in the birthday honours list, and never flinched. She is remarkable for her age. I am pleased she is naming the ship as it may be the last one she does. Plus when Camilla launched the QV the bottle never broke and people thought that a bad omen.
    Long may she reign!

HER MAJESTY to launch new Cunard ship......

IT'S OFFICIAL!

At a spectacular quayside ceremony Her Royal Highness will send a traditional bottle of champagne crashing against the massive hull of her regal namesake, Queen Elizabeth, signalling the ship's entry into service and her arrival in her home port of Southampton.

Oh PLEASE...... Her Majesty hasn't been 'Her Royal Highness' since the night of 6th Feb 1952 when her father HIS MAJESY, died in his sleep. The Queen has been HER MAJESTY ever since, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, 'Her Royal Highness' !!!! :mad:
    The same with the Queen Mother - ALWAYS BUT ALWAYS, since Dec 1936, 'Her Majesty' - yet I have seen postcards for sale in London captioned 'Her Royal Highness'. Aaaaargh !!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast