Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Tricky one this as this Company is also known as Gloucester travel agency, Now do cruise .co.UK take this as a genuine offer of advice to Disabled Cruisers or will they Consider that it is another competitor touting for business on there site?? Thankfully that is not a decision that i have to make.
    I booked through them last year and they booked me on artimus with P&O and it was only me reading very small print found out that they had no means of getting me on or off the ship as they only have gangways on this ship with steps. I would have got to the ship but unable to walk up the gang plank or off anywhere on cruise. Luckily for me P&O swapped me to another cruise on the Ventura and had a lovely time. You need to check also how many tendering stops there would be as you cannot use electric buggys with those.
    Viv

Can we still ask you questions even if we haven't booked with you? You see I didn't know about you for this cruise but for future cruises we do :D

I booked through them last year and they booked me on artimus with P&O and it was only me reading very small print found out that they had no means of getting me on or off the ship as they only have gangways on this ship with steps. I would have got to the ship but unable to walk up the gang plank or off anywhere on cruise. Luckily for me P&O swapped me to another cruise on the Ventura and had a lovely time. You need to check also how many tendering stops there would be as you cannot use electric buggys with those.
    Viv
    Hi Viv,

I am concerned to hear that Accessible Travel & Leisure booked you onto the Artemis P&O ship last year. When it was launched we were fully aware that it was not accessible for full-time wheelchair users, due to embarkation and disembarkation problems. I would appreciate it, if you could spare a moment and email me your contact details (for data protection), so I can look up your booking in our system and find out why this could have happend? Email: info@accessibletravel.co.uk
    I thank in advance for your time.
    Ali

Hi Esmeralda,

I am happy to assist you with general advice, but as you have booked your cruise elsewhere, due to data protection I can not discuss your actual booking. You can email info@accessibletravel.co.uk or call 01452 729739.
    Best wishes
    Ali

Thank you, I will bear this in mind

I know it's short notice but only just read this thread, leaving this Friday 25th. March on IOTS and I'm a wheelchair user but bringing my mobility scooter on this cruise so i can be a bit more independant and also give my wife a rest from having to push all the time, my question is does this ship have their own wheelchairs that we can use? as I don't want to have to use my scooter all the time on board for restuarants etc.
    Grateful for any information you can give on this matter, thanks Pete.

Images
    I know it's short notice but only just read this thread, leaving this Friday 25th. March on IOTS and I'm a wheelchair user but bringing my mobility scooter on this cruise so i can be a bit more independant and also give my wife a rest from having to push all the time, my question is does this ship have their own wheelchairs that we can use? as I don't want to have to use my scooter all the time on board for restuarants etc.
    Grateful for any information you can give on this matter, thanks Pete.
    Swanny this ship is great for disabled passengers

Like most ships if only passengers would stop using the close doors button on the lifts and give other people time to get in

or use the stairs if they are able

Hi Pete, the IOTS is ideal for passengers with disabilities.
    I couldn't tell you for definate if the ship has wheelchairs for public use, because the only ones I saw were the persons own. It would be worth a phone call just to find out.

We take an electric scooter plus the rollator with us, maybe if you are travelling by car to Southampton you could take your own wheelchair as well.

Just remembered ,I think I read on here of a place in Southampton that hires wheelchairs to take on the ship.
    Maybe someone will be able to give you the name of the place.
    Have a lovely cruise

Images
    I couldn't tell you for definate if the ship has wheelchairs for public use, because the only ones I saw were the persons own. It would be worth a phone call just to find out.

We take an electric scooter plus the rollator with us, maybe if you are travelling by car to Southampton you could take your own wheelchair as well.

Just remembered ,I think I read on here of a place in Southampton that hires wheelchairs to take on the ship.
    Maybe someone will be able to give you the name of the place.
    Have a lovely cruise
    I saw a van dropping off hire scooters at Southampton

The supplier must be on the internet

Images

Maybe someone will be able to give you the name of the place.Have a lovely cruise
    http://www.cruises.co.uk/112-disable...uthampton.html

Think that is the link you were thinking of mollymop. Give them a shout Swanny.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast