Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hello Jill, Thomson may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I would without doubt encourage anyone to give them try, this cruise took in Koper; Solvenia, Venice; Italy, Split; Croatia; Dubrovnic; Croatia and Kotor; Montenegro, all of which were superb, Kotor in particular was STUNNING, and worth the cruise fee for that alone.

Regards Diddy
    Hi Diddy, Glad you enjoyed the cruise. I agree it is a stunning itinery, I am pleased to see that Thomson have reinstated Kotor as it was not originally included in the Adriatic Explorer cruise this year.

Hiya Diddy.
    Just got back yesterday from Jewel of the Seas myself. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We loved Jewel and the Baltics.
    I will do a report later on ours.

Regards

Garfield

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
    George Bernard Shaw

Images
    Hiya Diddy.
    Just got back yesterday from Jewel of the Seas myself. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We loved Jewel and the Baltics.
    I will do a report later on ours.

Regards

Garfield
    Sorry to go off topic here all but our first cruise was on Jewel of the Seas to the Baltic 3 years ago. We were hooked just from the sight of the ship whilst she was docked in Harwich and have been hooked on cruising since.

Jill

Diddy, have Louis, or Thomson sorted out that fatal window in the forward lounge, deck 5? It used to be a problem on rough sailings with NCL, who would close the lounge, but the warning didn't seem to get through to Louis, with horrible results.
    We are quite interested in cruising on Majesty, so will be watching reviews as they come in this year.
    Jo.

Hello all.

So overall I thought the Majesty was excellent value for money, and I will be going again in August.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Regards Diddy
    hi diddy did you cruise on the destiny if so how does it compare ?
    regards brian

Now Diddy - where could you have gotten that idea from?

Glad you had a great cruise. My freinds were on the Majesty when it was an NCL and Louis ship and now wnat to see what kind of hand Thomson make of it. Is it much bigger than Destiny. WE loved Destiny and will try Majesty sometime! Looking at her winter sailings in the Canaries is one option we may consider.

Hello Tomvet, I would say it's a little bigger, but not significantly, the decor is much more modern looking, and it's quite an attractive ship once onboard.

Overall, I would say it's very simiular experience to the Destiny, hence I'm out today to book for the 3rd August.

Regards Diddy

Diddy, have Louis, or Thomson sorted out that fatal window in the forward lounge, deck 5? It used to be a problem on rough sailings with NCL, who would close the lounge, but the warning didn't seem to get through to Louis, with horrible results.
    We are quite interested in cruising on Majesty, so will be watching reviews as they come in this year.
    Jo.

Hello Jo, I assume it's The Royal Fireworks Lounge you are concerned about, fortunately the sea were very very calm, so could not really say if the situation is sorted, however there was not a mention of any concerns when we were onboard.

As for the reviews, I read them prior to sailing, and if there were any problems the've certainly been ironed out now.

Regards Diddy

hi diddy did you cruise on the destiny if so how does it compare ?
    regards brian

Hello Brian, yes I sailed many times on the Destiny and the Majesty compares very well, the Majesty is slightly bigger but very easy to navigate, most of the staff transfered over, so we were welcomed onboard by many friends (staff) we've met previously, despite being 10 months since our previous cruise, we were greeted on first name terms, which is always a nice touch.

Regards Diddy

It appears that Majesty has external metal shutters that cover the windows of the Royal fireworks. Current external shots show the shutters closed, maybe to avoid any negative association with that big wave accident a few years ago. You know the sort of thing. "Oh look ,it is that ship were people were killed, those are the windows that smashed in"

Photos show the shutters open in the past. Or are the window shutters permanently erected?

It appears that Majesty has external metal shutters that cover the windows of the Royal fireworks. Current external shots show the shutters closed, maybe to avoid any negative association with that big wave accident a few years ago. You know the sort of thing. "Oh look ,it is that ship were people were killed, those are the windows that smashed in"

Photos show the shutters open in the past. Or are the window shutters permanently erected?

Morning Dave, I couldn't see any sign of shutters when in the Royal Fireworks, so I suspect they are not a permanent feature, it was actually a good viewing point when leaving port, so I'm sure I'd of noticed if they were there.

Regards Diddy

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast