Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thomson Majesty - the new (old ) ship

We've been advised that we're now on the Majesty rather than Destiny. I was interested and pleased to see the side-on photos of her in this website. Do my eyes deceive me or do her lifeboats manage to obscure the view from an awful lot of cabins on at least two decks at a time? Unless I'm mistaken Thomson's boast on their site that every outside cabin somes with a picture window falls rather flat if the majority of the view for a majority of the cabins is all or mostly lifeboat. (It would be interesting to know percentages but I doubt if Thomson would deliver. Indeed some of their photos of outside cabins have the curtains closed - an odd decision if selling a room with a view)

Last edited by Rosemary, West Midlands; 11th March 2012 at 12:34 PM.

i can't find much enthusiasm for thomson's swop of the majesty for the destiny given the information released so far , but maybe the reviews will change my mind as they come through.
    i've certainly heard a lot of people saying that the departure of destiny was long overdue.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    We've been advised that we're now on the Majesty rather than Destiny. I was interested and pleased to see the side-on photos of her in this website. Do my eyes deceive me or do her lifeboats manage to obscure the view from an awful lot of cabins on at least two decks at a time? Unless I'm mistaken Thomson's boast on their site that every outside cabin somes with a picture window falls rather flat if the majority of the view for a majority of the cabins is all or mostly lifeboat. (It would be interesting to know percentages but I doubt if Thomson would deliver. Indeed some of their photos of outside cabins have the curtains closed - an odd decision if selling a room with a view)
    Photos of outside cabins with curtains closed is a way of controlling the lighting for the photo. i do it myself!

some of Majesty's outside cabins even have bay windows!

Images
    I just hope for all the passengers sake that Thomson make a better job of integrating 'Majesty' into their fleet than they did with 'Dream'.

The first six months of 'Dreams' operation were a complete disaster for many passengers.

(Normally on any older ship, one deck of cabins only has views affected by the life boat location)

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 11th March 2012 at 01:27 PM.

I just hope for all the passengers sake that Thomson make a better job of integrating 'Majesty' into their fleet than they did with 'Dream'.

The first six months of 'Dreams' operation were a complete disaster for many passengers.

(Normally on any older ship, one deck of cabins only has views affected by the life boat location)
    yes, but this one isn't coming from Costa!

You might be interested in seeing the deck plans for the Majesty. They can be viewed here:
    The deck plans of the 'Louis majesty' cruise ship - Greece

Also cabin details are detailes here:
    Louis Majesty Cruise Ship - Cabin XDO - Deck plans: Deck 7, Deck 8, Deck 9

This shows which cabins have restricted views. I have checked with Thomsons and they have said the cabin allocated to me does not have a restriced view.

As the Majesty was previousy with the Louis line and the last reviews from passengers were horrendous, I just hope Thomsons clean the ship up ready for its first sailing!!!

Last edited by Scotty, Aberdeenshire; 23rd March 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Images
    Louis Cruises? Never again - Louis Cruise Lines Review by dr3w

Louis Cruises? Never again

Nothing on earth would encourage me to take a cruise on the Louis Majesty again, and as this is the flagship I will, therefore, not be taking a Louis Cruise holiday ever again.

The Louis Majesty has to be one of the poorest accommodations I have stayed in. The cabins are tiny and, whilst there are a lot of visible cabin stewards AND the entire place smells of furniture polish, the ship still manages to look dirty and uncared for. We managed to have hot water for about 2 minutes our entire cruise.

In general the staff try their hardest, particularly in the main restaurants, but the front-line Reception staff have a manner that can only be described as 'curt'.... well one person on reception was downright rude on several occasions.

Louis Cruises clearly want to make a 'quick buck', and from before you even set foot on the ship you are being given the hard sell.

Do not consider the drinks packages unless you are an alcoholic, or drink like a fish. They are a waste of money even with a 'discount'.

You are also required to pay €20 to use the safe in the room (not a refundable deposit). And the merchandise in the on board shops is tacky and overpriced.

While I fully accept that Thomson will have a different ethos for running ships under their name, I certainly hope that for those who are being transferred from the Destiny, with little choice, that some form of mini-refit is planned.

Sounds horrendous under its current flag.

we are booked on thomson majesty for june 1st . has it is in its second week of running under thomsons there is not many reviews coming in yet, but Ime sure there will be,and we will give our review on our return.hopefully a good one.as we have now been on thomsons escape twice.thomson celerbration.and thomson destiny last year.if anyone is interestedyou can put in thomsons majesty currant position and when the photo of the majesty comes up ,clik on photos and you will get 130 photos of her.looking foreward to be going on her. giving our opinion for other people who have booked on her .derek ann penzance.

Sailed on Majesty's first cruise and can well understand why curtains were drawn on windows, they were absolutely filthy. However rest of ship was clean. It was a disastrous cruise, no lessons have been learned from integrating the Dream. Hopefully it will get better over the coming weeks, would I sail on her again DEFINATELY NOT

I don't think the reviews will change your mind. Sailed on the first sailing and was not impressed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast