Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Hi Matt, I agree with everything you say except for the last sentence. I believe that it is great value for money. In terms of doesn't come cheap then I feel their prices are very competitive as long as you don't book too early. I have had some excellent deals off Thomsons. So I think maybe you should try looking for a deal rather than booking too far ahead then you can be smiling just like the crew!

hi crusy your probably right have you ever done the red sea on celebration, about the cheapest at the moment,i m still an avid fan of thomson's cruising except as from last month they are classing any flight up to 6 hours as short hall so you get no food or entertainment,
    what a lousy way to make a buck,,i might start cruising round the boating lake at butlins.. good luck matt

Hi Matt, not done the red sea as I did a cruise on the Nile and it was absolutely fantastic, so interesting. However when we got off the boat to explore at Aswan and a few ports of call we were hassled so much that we went back to the boat. This has put me off Africa completely as I find it very intimidating and it doesn't allow me the freedom to relax which is why I go on holiday in the first place.But I have done Iceland on the Celebration and the Fiords. Thinking about the med on the Spirit at the moment as I have just seen it advertised as £719 for 15 nights. What a great deal eh!

As previous posts have stated, I think it is just snobbery. We love going with Thomsons, the staff are helpful and friendly, the food is good, the drinks are reasonably priced, and no tipping unless you want to. I accept the ships have not got all the expensive gadgets the big ships have got, but do you really want that? If the ship is in port we are ashore, in the evening we dine and then go to the entertainment. I don't want to abseil or climb a wall on a ship, I want to relax and wind down. Also, because Thomsons are generally cheaper we can have a cruise every year, usually for not much more than a land based holiday.

I agree with everything you say. We love going with Thomsons too. As you say when they dock we are off. Food is excellent and for those who complain about the food I would like to know how many of them serve up meals like that every day at home. We have had some excellent deals with Thomsons and customer service is everything to them as most customers return.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    As previous posts have stated, I think it is just snobbery. We love going with Thomsons, the staff are helpful and friendly, the food is good, the drinks are reasonably priced, and no tipping unless you want to. I accept the ships have not got all the expensive gadgets the big ships have got, but do you really want that? If the ship is in port we are ashore, in the evening we dine and then go to the entertainment. I don't want to abseil or climb a wall on a ship, I want to relax and wind down. Also, because Thomsons are generally cheaper we can have a cruise every year, usually for not much more than a land based holiday.
    I don't think it's just snobbery Bob. Different people look for different things. I've never been on a ship with a climbing wall etc., but there are better ships out there than Thomson have to offer, in my opinion of course.

Bob

Images
    I have never met anybody Face To Face , who I have discussed Thomson Cruises with, and who have also sailed with them, knock them. Without exception I can say they have all praised them, and I have met a few.
    Yes their ships are older, but they offer a good package.

I agree with everything you say. We love going with Thomsons too. As you say when they dock we are off. Food is excellent and for those who complain about the food I would like to know how many of them serve up meals like that every day at home. We have had some excellent deals with Thomsons and customer service is everything to them as most customers return.
    Now, I'm afraid that I must take issue with you on your statement that "customer service is everything to them". My experience with Thomson tells me that they have one of the worst customer service departments I have ever encountered. And that is the reason that "Who[sic] do people knock Thomsons[sic]??"

cheers
    Harvey

Now, I'm afraid that I must take issue with you on your statement that "customer service is everything to them". My experience with Thomson tells me that they have one of the worst customer service departments I have ever encountered. And that is the reason that "Who[sic] do people knock Thomsons[sic]??"

cheers
    Harvey
    "Customer Service" on the ship is brilliant. The land based "Customer Service" may have it's problems but that's a "British" trait, unfortunately. We don't know what "Customer Service" means in this country.
    Give me a bunch of "Customer Focussed" Phillipinos on a Thomson ship any day.

Images

cheers
    Harvey

Not the only one who is perceptive Harvey.

I'm really struggling to get some answers out of Diddy...

Now come on Diddy, when are we going to hear about this amazing upgrade that you tell us Thomson has promised you when they 'bumped' you from your Destiny cruise in June to their 'New' ship Majesty.

I note you were quick enough to jump in earlier at member Bollinge ...

Hello again Bollinge, you're still way off, Outside cabin July 21st and 28th approx £720.00pp, even with an outside plus deck 7/9 it's just over £830.00pp, so how you've managed to get it to £1031pp is beyond me, Thomson prices are based on two people sharing, I assume that's where you are making your mistake!

Anyway, you may well be travelling on a new ship, but that's your choice, I too could travel on brand new ships, but my personal choice is to cruise on ships that suit my needs, Flat Screen T.V's, Climbing Walls, Flow Riders, Grand Staircases etc,etc, do nothing for me, I personally like the atmosphere, and the overall experience Thomson ships provide, and once onboard, there will be no added extras for service on my onboard account, or extortionate bar prices.

Everyone has different opinions.

Regards Diddy

You are not usually shy so why not tell us all what exactly you booked on Destiny and what Thomson have offered you on Majesty. Nothing secretive, I'm sure the membership and Thomson fans everywhere will be more than interested in how Thomson reward their loyal customers.

After all, by telling us before the event your 'street cred', if there was ever any, will be enhanced and there will be no chance of prevarication after the event.

Why, we could even be treated to knowing what a bargain one gets with this amazing cruise line that never ventures too far.

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast