Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

My time dining

Hello everyone,

I am on the iots on April 11th!

I bet this question has been asked before but I would really like some advice please.

I have booked for my time dining because of my 2 daughters, when I log on to my cruise planner it tells me to book up to avoid disapointment. Is this something I have to do??, I was thinking sometimes we would eat in the wingjammer resturant and try and eat in the main dining room a few times to give the girls the experiance??.

Thanks in advance!! x

We booked my time last August.
    I basically made reservations for every night, based around the times we sailed.
    Then if you want to go to the windjammer you still can. Out of courtesy just let the dining room know. It's fine.

Wish I was going again this year.

Thank you!!

I have booked to eat at 6.30pm every night. I will then inform them if we go to the windjammer thank you very much xx

I cannot wait its so exciting 3 months!!!!

If you have booked for 6.30 every night then you may as well have chosen first sitting which is at the same time. This way your table is guaranteed, as on fixed sitting the table is your for the duration of the cruise regardless of whether you use a speciality restaurant or decide to go to the windjammer. You will also have the same wait staff who will get to know your preferences and build up a bit of a rapport with you.

Booking freetime/anytime does not absolutely gaurantee your time slot and you will not always get the same table.

Ah I did not even know when first seating was, will know for next time if I can ever afford to go on another cruise!!!

be great to get to know the waiters then now!, thanks

I opted for My Time Dining on the Brilliance. As I was on my own, I think it was a mistake. Another lesson learned!

I didn't reserve my table, and it didn't seem to be a problem as I generally went at about 6.30. Some of the others that I met said that it was quite hard to get through on the phone to make their reservations. There was always a queue when I left, and I believe that did include people who had made reservations.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    be great to get to know the waiters then now!, thanks
    Karen,

If you wish you can always change your dining preference to fixed and ask for early seating (6.30pm). This does not prevent you from using any of the alternative dining venues should you wish to. It just means that you (and your children) will know what table you are sitting at and you will have the same waiting staff each night. Try not to worry I'm sure what ever you choose it will turn out just fine.

Enjoy your cruise.

Vinny

Images
    Hi Karen.

A lot depends on the ages of your daughters. We found that to dine at 6-30 would never give us much time after shore excursions to get changed and chill out a little.
    It is a matter of choice but we have always chosen second seating at 8-30. Club dining. As has been said, you get to know your waiters and you can always choose a different dining venue if you so wish.

Have a wonderful cruise regardless

*Carol M*

Thanks for your replies, my daughters are 5 and 8 when we go, I don't expect we will sit in the dining room too much, more for a treat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast