Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wow, alot of luggage!

How much is too much?? Theres two of us going for 12 nights from southampton, we have 3 suitcases and a suit carrier! Is that alot? I know its unlimited, but you need so much, suits, formal, casual, shoes to go with all occasions, casual clothes, leaving southampton so winter clothes, then spring clothes for the rest. Is that alot for two pople? We dont want to turn up looking like a couple of celebrity divas lol

Images
    Hi!

Is it heckers like!!!
    My OH made me cut down from our usual 5 + 2 pull ons and 2 holdalls on our last one.
    So had to make do with 4 + 1 pull on and 2 holdalls. Got to let him have his way sometimes
    However we were amazed to see several self disembark with just a pull on each.
    However they managed 16 nights I just dont know??? I plan for all eventualities

*Carol M*

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    How much is too much?? Theres two of us going for 12 nights from southampton, we have 3 suitcases and a suit carrier! Is that alot? I know its unlimited, but you need so much, suits, formal, casual, shoes to go with all occasions, casual clothes, leaving southampton so winter clothes, then spring clothes for the rest. Is that alot for two pople? We dont want to turn up looking like a couple of celebrity divas lol
    I know somebody who regularly sails from Southampton and they take 11 cases for the two of them.
    There is only two us and on our last cruise we took 4 cases, plus two carry on small cases, when we were disembarking we followed somebody through the customs area, who had a trolley, stacked sky high with cases.

I know somebody who regularly sails from Southampton and they take 11 cases for the two of them.
    There is only two us and on our last cruise we took 4 cases, plus two carry on small cases, when we were disembarking we followed somebody through the customs area, who had a trolley, stacked sky high with cases.
    That sounds like my Wife & I but she has the 11 cases & I have 1 case + 1 suit carrier So 13 in all

]

Images
    A tad under for a short cruise Southampton return...and let's face it, does it matter if you do 'look like a couple of divas'.

Images
    Don't forget to take and empty one too in case you bring lots back with you! Thats the good thing about sailing from the UK you can buy what you like. We took the same as you last time and even managed self disembarkation. I could easily take more but restricted by husbands moaning!

Don't we all! One alone is for shoes - his shoes

Guys - what the hell do you have in them? Our last cruise we flew Ryanair and managed with two pieces of hand luggage and one 15kg checked bag. because its Soton - do you take all the luggage because you need it or because you can?

How do you manage fly cruises and a 23kg allowance?

I think alot of it is needed, firstly leaving southampton in january! Its going to be cold therefore lots of big jumpers etc. we arent flying to somewhere warm its going to take a couple of days to get there. Then lighter clothes once we get there, and then the return cold again.i think theres 3 formal nights, so thats suits and shoes etc. 8 different ports each with different landscapes, so thats more shoes etc. i can see why you need some many cases of stuff. Thats not including things like personnal items, cameras, mp3 players, video camera, tea coffee, ( as recommended by others here to take with us)' phew!

Images
    I manage to have 4 plus cases a suitcarrier and a holdall, that's the beauty of a Southampton sailing, my husband moans every time but hey! that extra dress or pair of shoes is there if I need it.CG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast