Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    We are thinking of booking on the Grandeur for july this year, and trying to decide if the beer/wine package is worthwhile. Both me and my DH like a drink, probably a bottle of wine with dinner and then a couple more in the evening, bearing in mind that for many of the days you are off the boat, do you think its worth it?? I am guessing the bar prices are high??

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    We are thinking of booking on the Grandeur for july this year, and trying to decide if the beer/wine package is worthwhile. Both me and my DH like a drink, probably a bottle of wine with dinner and then a couple more in the evening, bearing in mind that for many of the days you are off the boat, do you think its worth it?? I am guessing the bar prices are high??
    Half a bottle of wine per person plus a couple more drinks in the evening is hardly likely to warrant an all inclusive drinks package......Wilba

Wilba

Images
    I agree with Wilba. I don't think you would benefit from the drinks package but price it up first. as you mentioned on port days you will be off the ship for most of the day. spirits cost approx $7+15% gratuites but are free flow so larger measures than at home so you might not buy as many. a bottle of wine costs from $26 [£17.30] plus 15% gratuities.

Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 15th January 2012 at 09:02 PM.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Drinks package Grandeur

I totally agree - I wouldnt bother with the drinks package :-)

Drinks Package on the Grandeur

We are going in September there are 7 of us in 4 staterooms one of us does not drink but does that mean she has to buy a package also?? Or is there a way round this.

If the non drinker is in the single room then she does not have to take the package, if sharing with a "drinker" both have to take a package. I think you can probably work out the way round it! Last year my wife took the wine and beer package (she only drinks wine) I took the classic package it was well worth it in our case, albeit we drank too much, hic. have a great cruise

Thanks for that we will try and work a way around it.
    If the non drinker is in the single room then she does not have to take the package, if sharing with a "drinker" both have to take a package. I think you can probably work out the way round it! Last year my wife took the wine and beer package (she only drinks wine) I took the classic package it was well worth it in our case, albeit we drank too much, hic. have a great cruise

Hi, was checking in today on-line and had a look at the drinks packages. I don't drink that much, probably a couple of beers in the evening, so a package wouldn't be cost efficient. The wife doesn't drink that much either, maybe a couple of glasses of wine. I noticed that they do like 7 or 10 bottles of wine packages. Firstly, can we just order one of these (say 7 bottle) between us and have a bottle per night at dinner, or would we both need to buy 7 bottles each? I'm unsure, as it's not like an all-inc drinks package!

Secondly, for example, the 7 bottle gold wine package is £127 (plus 15%), if pre-booked online, which isn't exhorbitant ... However, is it likely to be cheaper or more expensive ordering on the ship?

Any thoughts/advice would be welcome

Thanks.

Images
    Hi, was checking in today on-line and had a look at the drinks packages. I don't drink that much, probably a couple of beers in the evening, so a package wouldn't be cost efficient. The wife doesn't drink that much either, maybe a couple of glasses of wine. I noticed that they do like 7 or 10 bottles of wine packages. Firstly, can we just order one of these (say 7 bottle) between us and have a bottle per night at dinner, or would we both need to buy 7 bottles each? I'm unsure, as it's not like an all-inc drinks package!

Secondly, for example, the 7 bottle gold wine package is £127 (plus 15%), if pre-booked online, which isn't exhorbitant ... However, is it likely to be cheaper or more expensive ordering on the ship?

Thanks.
    The only difference in price will be the US Dollar when you board due to normal fluctuation.

There is no discount for pre ordering

Wilba

Thanks.
    Hi - I dont think the drinks package would benefit at all - I think you can just buy the 7 bottles per cabin - just check online though - I think there is more information about the wine packages - I think it will be more expensive ordering on ship and I think you can only order on a certain day (the day after embarkation) There are tables set up at the top of the stairs near the restaurants if I remember rightly - I had a couple of champagne cocktails before dinner every night and maybe a glass of wine with dinner and then a gin and tonic after dinner - my husband drank beer and g and t and our bill wasnt exhorbitant - no where near the cost of buying the drinks packages and we had a drink when we wanted one :-) hope this helps but as I say I think there is more info on the RCI website
    Nicola

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast