Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    get a couple of rums inside you,spread the feet about 18 inches apart ,clasp your hands behind your back,and you will think you are on a mill pond,worked for me for 28 years
    The rum part does it for me

Images
    Well Spartan you certainly get a good night's sleep. just go with the flow.CG

Images
    We were on P&O Ventura, and encountered a Force 10 gale, off the coast of Portugal, before we hit the bay of Biscay, it lasted 24 hours. It was the noise that kept us awake, neither of us were ill.

We were on Azura ahead of you and Captain Paul Brown said be glad you are on are ship because Adonia will be bouncing about a bit. Azura handed it with not to much trouble.

Images
    The rum part does it for me
    of course I should have mentioned that as a god fearing sober officer i would never have let a drink pass my lips prior to going on watch, a nice little tipple before bed was OK

Trace Guest
    get a couple of rums inside you,spread the feet about 18 inches apart ,clasp your hands behind your back,and you will think you are on a mill pond,worked for me for 28 years
    Sounds good advice but I don't like rum, my hubby likes his dark rum and coke but I don't, any advice what I should drink then as an alternative?
    Just watched the video, and it linked me to a few other rough sea ones, OH MY WORD!! I don't know what I would do! Has anyone ever been on a cruise where the tables,chairs etc actually move across the room? If so, how do you cope?

Images
    Sounds good advice but I don't like rum, my hubby likes his dark rum and coke but I don't, any advice what I should drink then as an alternative?
    Just watched the video, and it linked me to a few other rough sea ones, OH MY WORD!! I don't know what I would do! Has anyone ever been on a cruise where the tables,chairs etc actually move across the room? If so, how do you cope?
    You stagger around holding on to anything static, try and keep upright and make sure your children are safe...tail end of Hurricane Edouard 1996 off Cape Cod.

MDR was pretty empty for dinner!!!

Trace Guest
    You stagger around holding on to anything static, try and keep upright and make sure your children are safe...tail end of Hurricane Edouard 1996 off Cape Cod.

MDR was pretty empty for dinner!!!
    And was the furniture moving? What was it like when you were in bed?

Images
    of course I should have mentioned that as a god fearing sober officer i would never have let a drink pass my lips prior to going on watch, a nice little tipple before bed was OK
    Before bed starts when you go on watch

Images

Mmmmm Arrrrrr mmmmm white rum of course

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast