Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thomas Cook flights to Barbados

We are flying to Barbados to connect with Azura in February.
    Has anyone had any experience of flight return concerning any delays etc.
    We are hoping to catch an onward flight and wondered if we would have sufficient time.
    Do they fly when they say they do? Do the times get changed at all?
    Any help greatly appreciated as usual.

hi dont know if I can be much help but I worked 3 years at birmingham airport, I have never done a return flight from a cruise however i can say from experiences you can never predict when or why a delay is going to occur as there are so many different things that can happen sometimes if you miss your time slot by 5 mins you could be delayed by over 30 minutes as you after to wait for the next available time slot instead of just pushing in, I know from experience if you book an onward flight independantly and get delayed and miss it the airport/ airline will not take any responsibility for it which will leave you out of pocket. it might be better to book a hotel to stop over in then get an onward flight the next day as your giving yourself a bigger time span for things going wrong, hope it helps x

We were delayed for four hours last year on a flight from Barbados to Gatwick. Fortunately, no connecting flight was needed.

We had a three hour outward delay and a 6 hour inbound delay on our cruise last winter.

Images
    We flew Barbados - Gatwick last November and we took off on time amd landed early. A lot of flights that leave the USA/Caribbean etc late can often make up the time on the West - East journey because of the following winds. If the flight is delayed going out and it is part of the overall package with the cruise line don't worry the ship will wait.

Fossil1

Thanks for all your input folks. I think we may have to book a later flight from Gatwick home to Spain. It means a 16 hour wait in the airport - not really able to go off exploring as the cost of putting bags in left luggage is a total of £32- better spent elsewhere I feel.

Hi there. We have been to Barbados to board with P and O on four occasions. Our outbound flights from Manchester have always departed on time. However returning from Barbados is another matter. The last two return flights we were held on board awaiting re-fuelling for 2 and then 3 hours. The first flights home seem to get away ok but if you are thrid onwards you get delays, they only seem to have one fuel tanker

Flight delay

I was on the Oceana New year 2009. Late on the last night we were informed our flight to Gatwick would be delayed. I wont bore you with all the details as it turn into a P & O customer service nightmare. Not delivering anything like what they promised when they announced the delay. Instead of flying home about 6pm on the day we disembarked, we flew home about lunch time the following day.

Images
    We flew back last month from Barbados. Outward flight was delayed 45 mins. Inbound was on time with no problems.
    Regards
    PM

CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

We have never had any problems flying out but sometimes been delayed on the way back to the UK ,they do let you stay on the ship so you are not hanging around the airport.
    As your going in February you may well experience delays due to bad weather so make sure your Insurance will cover any additional cost if you need to re-book your flights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast