Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ocean Village brand to be reinstated?

There is a thread on the cc forum suggesting that a reliable source from with P and O has mentioned that the OV brand is to be reinstated. Apparently the suggestion is that P and O are worried about the lost customers and rumour is that Oceana is favourite to be the first ship to rebranded.

Have any P and O regulars with their ears to the ground heard anything. I know there have been loads of rumours over the last 2 years but these appear to have actuall come from a source within P and O rather than being wishful thinking.

Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    There is a thread on the cc forum suggesting that a reliable source from with P and O has mentioned that the OV brand is to be reinstated. Apparently the suggestion is that P and O are worried about the lost customers and rumour is that Oceana is favourite to be the first ship to rebranded.

Have any P and O regulars with their ears to the ground heard anything. I know there have been loads of rumours over the last 2 years but these appear to have actuall come from a source within P and O rather than being wishful thinking.
    I do so hope the rumours are true. Some passengers mentioned it to us whilst we were on Adonia in July but I don't know where their information came from.

Bring back Ocean Village - we miss you.

Jill

Hi It's good news for everybody, incuding those who don't like traditional dress code, and for those who do (the ambience on formal won't be spolit by those cruisers who "refuse" to wear the suggested attire). I never wished to sail on the OV brand and still don't but many people loved cruising on this line. There's no right or wrong answer, just what's best for yourself.

Last edited by Alan, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; 30th August 2011 at 04:27 PM.

I really hope this is a rumour that comes true. Only went on two OV cruises but we did have a great time on both

A new OV would be interesting, but I cannot help but wonder if P&O have 'missed the boat' (sorry). We did 6 trips on OV1 and one on OV2; and we always booked direct- well they kept offering 5% on-line discount (I know, I know!). But their departure forced us to discover cruise agents and other lines. We went on Cunard (QV) in July (wife loved formal nights) and now we are booked on Fred Olsen in December. So we now have comparisons. Obviously some will rush to repeat the OV experience but I am not sure we will.

We went on OV1 a few years ago on a fly cruise to the carribean (family with 2 children then 8 and 10) It suited us really well as we wanted an informal ship as our children were still quite young. They had a fantastic time and so did we. I think there are some people out there that think Ocean village is inferior and was full of unruly people that dont know how to behave. My husband and I have also cruised with P and O without the children and enjoy dressing up for the formal nights, therefore it being a matter of choice as to which cruise suits your circumstances at the time. We have now booked a family cruise with P and O for next year and our children are very excited about dressing up . By the way we are not unruly and do know how to behave!!!!!

This is the best news I've heard today if its true, I loved OV2 and although some reviews have said it was full off chavs and people with tattoo's. I didnt find that to be the case at all. I think there is room for both formal and informal cruise lines and it isnt necessarily different people on different ships, but some of the times you may feel like dressing up (which I do) and some of the time, it would be nice to have a more relaxing cruise and just chill.
    Have to go any phone my Mum now she has not cruised since OV left

Lynn

hi im new to day not sure if im doing it right as yet but just to say how ocean village is my all time favourite ship sailed her 3 yrs ago for my 40th anniversary and the year before that love her and miss her.

cheers elsie

Images
    hasnt this done the rounds before?

Images
    Hi Southwinds yes you are right it has this rumour went around before, however, a lot of people like Oceana and would be sorry to lose her as informal ship. CG I think they missed the boat!!CG

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast