Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I also noticed that we hardly even saw our stateroom attendant for the whole cruise and thats because we payed our grats up front so they didn`t feel the need to lick our boots every available moment and wimper on about there 7 kids and three wives stuck at home for the last 5 years like they did on our last cruise with RCI!!, In one of the bars on the jade that we used regulary the barman was spot on and raced to serve us all night he told us he had 3 kids at home and when i asked there names he stumbled and forgot one of there names!! He he, He must of thought we were daft!!! on our last night he was hoping for an extra tip! Needles to say he got JACK!!!

I pay up front,always have. BUT i take some of my own booze which helps a lot with expenses. (Light the blue paper and stand back and wait for the explosion. lol )

I too agree with Annie. The people who hypocritically bang on about only paying for services at the end of the cruise are often simply attempting to justify their own greed. One can see them queuing up at the pursers desk on the first morning trying to justify their pettiness to each other by pontificating about only paying for good service. One can then watch these same people slink away from the table on the last evening like serpents, having picked the pockets of the crew who have served them loyally during the cruise. You know who you are and shame on you. It's worth mentioning that whilst in New York recently I noticed that many of the eating places add the 15% tip to the bill as soon as they hear a British accent.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I too agree with Annie. The people who hypocritically bang on about only paying for services at the end of the cruise are often simply attempting to justify their own greed. One can see them queuing up at the pursers desk on the first morning trying to justify their pettiness to each other by pontificating about only paying for good service. One can then watch these same people slink away from the table on the last evening like serpents, having picked the pockets of the crew who have served them loyally during the cruise. You know who you are and shame on you. It's worth mentioning that whilst in New York recently I noticed that many of the eating places add the 15% tip to the bill as soon as they hear a British accent.
    It is the cruise companies who are greedy, there are lots of people like me who tip the old fashioned way (Cash in the hand) of staff who give service over and above..

Photography derived from the Greek photos- for "light" and -graphos for "drawing​

Thomson Majesty Hellenic Classics May1st 2015

Images
    Hi all
    Why don't they pay the staff a decent wage,they can afford it!!
    If someone is bothered to google them,,,,,Carnival Corp publishes its results today,they are expected to be up from $1.8bn to near $2bn.
    They reckon they managed to raise ticket prices,,,but onboard spend is down.
    JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    The Guardian,,,,, Newspaper of the Year.

We only have the cruise operators word that the all this money even goes to the crew..?
    I make the assumption that it does go to the crew, unlike all restaurant tips. I remember seeing a list some time ago of restaurants that did not pass on tips that were paid electronically. Personally, I prefer to leave cash on the table.

I also noticed that we hardly even saw our stateroom attendant for the whole cruise and thats because we payed our grats up front so they didn`t feel the need to lick our boots every available moment and wimper on about there 7 kids and three wives stuck at home for the last 5 years like they did on our last cruise with RCI!!, In one of the bars on the jade that we used regulary the barman was spot on and raced to serve us all night he told us he had 3 kids at home and when i asked there names he stumbled and forgot one of there names!! He he, He must of thought we were daft!!! on our last night he was hoping for an extra tip! Needles to say he got JACK!!!
    You must be very proud of your acuity. Well done you. An absolute credit to the flag.

It is the cruise companies who are greedy, there are lots of people like me who tip the old fashioned way (Cash in the hand) of staff who give service over and above..
    I agree, there are plenty, like you, who tip in cash. I do myself as well as the auto sometimes if I think it's deserved. My argument are with the greedy lot who cancel the auto whilst pretending they too will tip in cash, but don't. That's their choice of course but why go into denial about it.

Images
    My last word on this contentious subject....I am in my 60s, we have travelled the world and stayed in some excellent hotels, we have also cruised many times. I always reward good service with cash as I have all my adult life.
    I object very strongly to this amount that is automatically added to your cruise bill every day, I find this practice outrageous.

Have a nice day.........

Photography derived from the Greek photos- for "light" and -graphos for "drawing​

Thomson Majesty Hellenic Classics May1st 2015

You must be very proud of your acuity. Well done you. An absolute credit to the flag.
    How can you say this when i clearly stated that i paid my way? READ my post correctly!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast