Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

I'm Just back from Norwegian Epic...

..in the Med.

Any burning issues before I write a very long review?

Just hurry - we are first time cruisers and on Epic on 21 August and a thirsty for knowledge! Have been waiting for the reviews!

Same here - like NCL and definitely want to try the Epic

Images
    Sorry, It takes me quite a few days to write my reviews, they tend to be VERY extensive!;)

Images
    Hi Malcom , entertainment please, I believe there is a fantastic show on there named something blue, did you get to watch them ? if so what did you think.CG

Images
    There is a vast range of entertainment - more than most other ships. The Cirque Dinner (Circus show with a meal) is excellent but has a surcharge. The Spanish Ballet (Flamenco) is also very good (free). Some people love the 'Blue Man Group' but other people don't get it - it is very 'different' to any other cruise show. It's free but in Vegas and other parts of the world it will cost you $100 per ticket.

We are also travelling on the Epic on 28th August from Barcelona, for our Honeymoon, so am interested to hear more about the experience and also, Emma, the issue of the sales tax!! Julie

Hi Malcolm,

Welcome back , I hope you had a wonderful cruise.

We have cancelled our 21st Aug Med cruise on the Epic sadly after booking it the very first day it went on sale in the UK. This was after a number of unresolved issues. NCL were most unhelpful, which has rather soured our opinion of them at the present moment.

We have however booked with HAL sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam for the same date also out of Barcelona and are really excited about it. Had our agent mentioned HAL when we were initially looking at the possibilities we would of considered booking that anyway as I think it probably has more of a 'ship' feel (wraparound promenade , open views to the sea etc) than the more 'floating resort' feel I think the Epic has.

I am however really interested in your views on the recent changes to entertainment , I believe Slam Allen is doing half this season - would of loved to see him - , menus etc and how they are tackling the smoke issues now it is sailing in Europe. I loved your last review of your experience on board her and I'm keen to see how this time compares to your previous time onboard her Malcolm.

We would consider sailing her in the future, even after our experience this year of their customer services and I do not want to dampen anyone else's excitement whatsoever by mentioning our cancellation. We just decided that her first med season was probably not for us this time. So, I shall look forward to reading your full in depth review when you write it.

Sam

Last edited by sam, southport; 7th June 2011 at 02:53 PM.

Hi Malcolm,

Looking forward to another review on the Epic from you this time from the Med.... As I will be traveling on her 19th June 2011 giving the solo cabins a go...... Read your last review on the Epic and was so informative that's what gave me the push to book her.

Many thanks

Brendan.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Read your last review on the Epic and was so informative that's what gave me the push to book her.
    My new review will be even more comprehensive!

The Stuido cabins are very small but very cute!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast