Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, personally I would NOT have wanted to sail on a bigger (4000 passengers makes my skin crawl!) ship. It was plenty big enough for us....Pool, jacuzzis, fitness room, three large dining rooms, lots of lounges, library/card room, huge top deck for sunbathing (not needed on our Norway trip, however), boutiques, cyber cafe (very and sadly did not work a lot of the time, but you ARE at sea after all). and more. We were well satisfied with MSC, just not fans of being herded around in bus tours and not having enough time in each port. Just a personal thing. We did the excursions three days and our own thing one day, but would rather have skipped Amsterdam (a dirty, down-trodden place IMHO-- yuk!) and had at least one night's stopover in either Oslo, Bergen, or Stavenger (my preference).

[QUOTE=Lacey, Wirral;273625]
    Quote QUOTE: View Post

Hi Janie, It's interesting you call Opera small with 2,000 passengers but I suppose she is compared to the really huge ships. We are booked on her in August and your comments are reassurring. Sorry you haven't taken to cruising

opera

mmmmmmm.i to have a cruise booked in august on the opera .my family first cruise never been abroad before so we decided to book last year ,look at what we could have got if we held out and booked a couple of weeks before august 2011.everything we have paid for for half the price feel as though ive been ripped off all inclusive free flights or parking etc ...one thing i am not doing is tipping i am a working class bloke i dont pay for a service ive already paid for enjoy your cruise lol

mmmmmmm.i to have a cruise booked in august on the opera .my family first cruise never been abroad before so we decided to book last year ,look at what we could have got if we held out and booked a couple of weeks before august 2011.everything we have paid for for half the price feel as though ive been ripped off all inclusive free flights or parking etc ...one thing i am not doing is tipping i am a working class bloke i dont pay for a service ive already paid for enjoy your cruise lol
    Make sure you get the tips removed on day one & stand your ground, I had all sorts of problems thrown at me on MSC Poesia, but I refused to move until I got them removed, I had to wait a bit but finally got to see the main man. One comment, keep it cool, those that started to throw the dummies out of the pram got nowhere.

Make sure you get the tips removed on day one & stand your ground, I had all sorts of problems thrown at me on MSC Poesia, but I refused to move until I got them removed, I had to wait a bit but finally got to see the main man. One comment, keep it cool, those that started to throw the dummies out of the pram got nowhere.
    PS to the last point. Do not register a card, pay cash & only keep enough cash in your account to cover each days spending, top it up each day if necessary,if you don't have a card registered they can't take the money from you.

PS to the last point. Do not register a card, pay cash & only keep enough cash in your account to cover each days spending, top it up each day if necessary,if you don't have a card registered they can't take the money from you.
    i heard they only accept credit cards ,not debit cards ,my intention is to take cash only and like you said keep enough in to cover the day or two then top up ,determined to enjoy this cruise , and thank you for your advice

Sadly, after your experiences with Princess, think there is a strong possibility you will be disappointed with MSC Musica. Hope not, but we did a Med cruise with them last year and it left much to be desired. There were screaming Italian kids running all over the place, the food and service in the restaurant was very poor, which beggars belief for a relatively new ship. Fingers crossed things will have improved by the time your MSC cruise comes round!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12