Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    JC you know exactly to whom I am referring [ the brawling MP ] he must have taken lessons from Lord Prescott who now fancies his chances as a Police Commissioner !! now you really could, make that one up , poacher turned gamekeeper comes to mind!!

Now as my old mum used to say' he who laughs last laughs longest' and 'he who crows the last also crows the longest'.CG
    Nice defence CG,i'm off out now,gym time.
    Give you a chance to come up with something original.
    Tata for now!!!
    JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    The Guardian,,,,, Newspaper of the Year.

......i'm off out now,gym time........

....Tata for now!!!
    JC
    Well done JC. With you at the gym, Richard 'on his bike' and me not long back from my two mile 'power walk'..........

What a fit bunch of young men we are

Bob

Images
    As I have mentioned previously Fred's are getting (vague?) with shuttle bus info, we were told the town of Almaria was over a mile away, and it was on the shuttle bus, but only a few hundred yards through the dock gates.

The £5.95 silver service tea is good value for money in my book I think I have had ten split between BLACKWATCH and BALMORAL since it started in April 2010.
    Afternoon tea always gets good reports, unfortunately it's a bit to much if you are on first sitting.

I don't know,,,are FO cheaper than P&Oor Cunard?
    I have noticed a drop in Cunard's prices, but Fred's are generally on a par with P&O, although just having returned from a cruise on Braemar the cutbacks are now most evident.

If you are due to have your first cruise on Breamar it would not be noticeable, but having several you can see the drop instandards.

Sounds like FO has been taking geography lesons from Ryanair! and no I wouldnt trust FO

Images
    our xmas markets balmoral cruise to amersterdam arrived so late the market had closed for the day despite cutting the visit the prev day in hamburg to half a day setting off for amsterdam with plenty of time.

It did dock in central part of amsterdam even if nearly 8 hours late.

fred olsen gets good reviews here glad to see we were not the only ones dealt a duff deal.

Images
    Duetto, I am amazed you even found a Christmas Market in Amsterdam We have visited twice at Christmas time and have never seen one. Hamburg has fabulous markets so in my opinion they made a big error curtailing the visit..Carol

Images
    guy
    our fred olsen xmas markets special cruise was dreadful, arrived too late in gothernburg, market had closed same with amsterdam so one full days in each city reduced to an a hour or so in each one, full day in hamburg cut back to half a day. no compensation from fred olsen because if they gave us compensation they would have to do the same with the other passengers. this was our first cruise and just hearing about then causes me to get wound up up so much on that clapped out ship was dreadful.

guy
    our fred olsen xmas markets special cruise was dreadful, arrived too late in gothernburg, market had closed same with amsterdam so one full days in each city reduced to an a hour or so in each one, full day in hamburg cut back to half a day. no compensation from fred olsen because if they gave us compensation they would have to do the same with the other passengers. this was our first cruise and just hearing about then causes me to get wound up up so much on that clapped out ship was dreadful.
    I think that we were on this cruise and actually enjoyed it! The failure to keep to the itinerary was largely due to the awful weather. We certainly had no reason to look for compensation. In fact we liked the Balmoral so much that we have booked another cruise on her. The service and staff were excellent. It is unfortunate that Duetto had this experience on his first cruise, because usually that's the one you remember best and makes you want to keep cruising.

I am not sure whether to trust Fred olden or not.

In some ways they seem to be the EasyJet of the seas - shuttle bus charges, auto-tipping, theatres too small for the audiences making people rush for seats, extra charges for "superior" afternoon tea, 2 sitting dining, high drinks charges, extortionate excursion prices, etc etc.

Having booked a week's cruise to try FO out We are having some misgivings. Are we going to get an American 'part you from your money' experience like Princess, Cunard and P&O. They certainly sound less friendly than Hurtigruten considering that they are a Norwegian company too.

I am not sure whether to trust Fred olden or not.

In some ways they seem to be the EasyJet of the seas - shuttle bus charges, auto-tipping, theatres too small for the audiences making people rush for seats, extra charges for "superior" afternoon tea, 2 sitting dining, high drinks charges, extortionate excursion prices, etc etc.

Having booked a week's cruise to try FO out We are having some misgivings. Are we going to get an American 'part you from your money' experience like Princess, Cunard and P&O. They certainly sound less friendly than Hurtigruten considering that they are a Norwegian company too.
    Fred Olsen has one of the highest standards of customer service at sea so don't worry about it. There is no "hard sell" for anything. And as for the "Easyjet of the seas" you have been misled. Why did you book it with these concerns? And how could you not trust them when you have not even been with them - Lol.
    Don't worry about what others say. You will have a great time.

Tiggertom
    shaken, not purred

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast