Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    No they don't - there is an optional silver service afternoon tea which costs around £5.95 served in the Observatory bar.

The ordinary afternoon tea remains inclusive. The £5.95 silver service tea is good value for money in my book I think I have had ten split between BLACK WATCH and BALMORAL since it started in April 2010.

John
    Evening John

Oh yes they do! You've just said so. Other cruise lines don't charge for waiter service afternoon teas - e.g. Cunard, P&O, Celebrity to name just a few.

By the way - is the FREE afternoon tea a self service buffet?

cheers
    Harvey

The free tea is a buffet but no it is not charged for.

I first sailed with Fred Olsen in 2008 and it was a buffet as it was on the two cruises I did in 2009.

The silver service buffet started in spring 2010, I thought it was significantly better than the self service one and as it is served in the observatory bar with a good view rather than in another lounge or dining room thought and still do think the £5.95 premium good value for money.

If they were not serving afternoon tea there I would almost certainly be sat up there anyway spending more on alcoholic beverages!

John

I personally would trust anyone called Fred (except west), such a good old fashioned english name.
    I do think that Fred's cruises seem to be the most expensive of the standard cruiselines.
    I can understand NCL charging for anything that moves as their initial cruise price is very competitive but would expect Fred wouldn't need to fatten up his wallet with too many extras, you cannot have it or get it both ways in my opinion.
    No business can charge too much over the odds as the customer will move elsewhere sooner or later.

Last edited by Wolfy, Shrewsbury; 26th February 2012 at 06:57 PM.

Images
    PO do a wonderful afternoon tea in the dining room .....they also do afternoon tea in the buffet .. .. all free no extra charge. CG

Images
    Evening John

Oh yes they do! You've just said so. Other cruise lines don't charge for waiter service afternoon teas - e.g. Cunard, P&O, Celebrity to name just a few.

By the way - is the FREE afternoon tea a self service buffet?

cheers
    Harvey
    Good morning Harvey.

Fred's free afternoon tea is held in the buffet restaurant and certainly on Balmoral the food - sandwiches and cake - was on a self service basis.

Of course, nothing like the 'all included' White Glove Tea Service that you would have experienced with Cunard...

Images
    PO do a wonderful afternoon tea in the dining room .....they also do afternoon tea in the buffet .. .. all free no extra charge. CG
    Good morning Cornish Girl.

I trust you had a good weekend.

They certainly do have a good tea, in very civilised circumstances, on P&O. You and I certainly know that through our vast P&O experience.

I see the cabal were busy over the weekend.

Images
    Hello Richard,

I see you visited the capital and the police station where the 'scoundrel was held.

I always say that I wish I had an OLD MASTER I'm told they are priceless!!

Full marks to Bobbybuoy for acting as go between but I fear he has un uphill struggle.CG

Images
    Hello Richard,

I see you visited the capital and the police station where the 'scoundrel was held.

I always say that I wish I had an OLD MASTER I'm told they are priceless!!

Full marks to Bobbybuoy for acting as go between but I fear he has un uphill struggle.CG
    Hi CG
    You talking about me?!!!!
    When i first saw that photo,,i thought it was SR coming out after his recent incarceration.You shouldn't talk about him like that.

Next........give me a difficult one.
    JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    The Guardian,,,,, Newspaper of the Year.

Images
    Hi CG
    You talking about me?!!!!
    When i first saw that photo,,i thought it was SR coming out after his recent incarceration.You shouldn't talk about him like that.

Next........give me a difficult one.
    JC
    Surely JC you can see that, unlike your friend, Major Disaster, I don't look as though I was incarcerated for nearly 24 hours.

Seriously though JC, weren't you a little premature celebrating on Friday, it's your turn on the Anniversary Bar tomorrow.

Images
    JC you know exactly to whom I am referring [ the brawling MP ] he must have taken lessons from Lord Prescott who now fancies his chances as a Police Commissioner !! now you really could, make that one up , poacher turned gamekeeper comes to mind!!

Now as my old mum used to say' he who laughs last laughs longest' and 'he who crows the last also crows the longest'.CG

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast