QM2 - 4 BERTH CABINS - 159SQ.FT - BIT OF A SQUASH OR NOT? Round trip transatlantic

We are thinking of doing the round trip transatlantic to NY next summer. Been on QM2 in a balcony cabin, but today found out that the only 4 berths they have are all 159 sq ft (apart from the queens grill - out of our budget). The beds are basically in 2 x bunk bed configuration also - has anyone spent 2 weeks with 4 in a cabin? Seems pretty tight, how much wardrobe space is there? I carry a lot of dresses on my cruises and our 2 teenage girls will be with us. Roundtrip is of course 14 nights.

Any advice or thoughts welcome..... or if anyone knows of a cabin number with slightly more space, please advise!

Thanks....

P&O Artemis/Oceana/Aurora/Azura
    RCI - Independence of the Seas
    Celebrity Eclipse
    Cunard QM2/QE/QV
    Royal Princess

We have cruised many times in a four berth cabin - usually RCi which are 158sq.ft - 165 sq.ft on average, so of a similar size. We prefer the upper bunk configuration especially as the boys got into their teens, because as you know they like to party late and lie in in the morning. So we like the fact that they are suspended above us out of the way in the morning when we get up and want to get dressed!! If it were a sofa bed then it takes up all the floor space.

So you still have a nice sofa free to sit on and pile up all the clothes on too!

I cant answer you about the wardrobe /drawer space etc as not done Cunard for many years.

Images
    It has been a long time since I had four in a cabin but we somehow always managed !

I went on the QM2 at xmas and saw several basic cabin grades although no four berths, They had three single wardrobes, approx eight drawers,storage above the fridge and top shelves in the wardrobes. I also had over bed storage but am not sure if this would apply to a four berth cabin ? I also managed to store four suitcases under the bed. I didn't have a sofa, just a chair and table but the balcony cabins had a sofa.

I'm booked on QE later in the year with 3 adults in the cabin. I was wondering how this will be configured.

Thank you fellow cruisers. We will hardly be roughing it on the QM2 I know, it's just it sounded such a tight size for 2 weeks, wanted others opinions.

P&O Artemis/Oceana/Aurora/Azura
    RCI - Independence of the Seas
    Celebrity Eclipse
    Cunard QM2/QE/QV
    Royal Princess

We always managed but then boys always seem to travel light - one pair of jeans, one pair of shorts and a few T-Shirts for the day. Nice pair of trousers, few shirts and a DJ for the evening. I can image its totally different with two teenage girls Loads of outfits and accessories

I'm sure you will manage just fine - use the suitcases under the bed for folded up items and pull them in and out like a second drawer.

Images
    Hi!

Not Cunard, but took our two granddaughters 10 and 11 .. 2 weeks on Oceana. Cabin space was 159 sq.ft.
    Very little wardrobe space for 4. Same bunk bed configuration. We also had to use the suitcases as storage.
    We did work out a routine before Dinner.
    We stayed up on deck with a (few drinks) They went down to shower, hair etc. about an hour before us. They STILL were never finished though.
    Hubby just had about enough time to treat the shower as a kind of rapid car-wash.
    I'm sure you will manage.Have fun!

*Carol M*