Renewal of Vows/anniversary blessing

Hi all,

have booked 1st cruise to the Caribbean on Constellation in April next year to celebrate our 10th aniversary.

Has anybody had a blessing or renewed their vows whilst aboard? Just wondering how much it will cost and what actually hapens. I am waiting for a call back from cruise dot to discuss it but as I am both very excited and impatient I thought I would ask here too.

Thanks for any help

Dee

I will be very interested in the replies you get as I would love to renew my vows onboard, 30 years next year.

Hello Dee
    Congratulations!
    RCC charge around $500 for renewing vows includes the room captain or senior officer (not all captains can do this) photographer (but not the actual photos) and I believe a strawberry dipped in chocolate! Sounds rather pricy but some experiences are worth the money.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi all,

have booked 1st cruise to the Caribbean on Constellation in April next year to celebrate our 10th aniversary.

Has anybody had a blessing or renewed their vows whilst aboard? Just wondering how much it will cost and what actually hapens. I am waiting for a call back from cruise dot to discuss it but as I am both very excited and impatient I thought I would ask here too.

Thanks for any help

Dee
    I can only comment on the P&O service we arranged in OCEANA last year. I think the package was about 250. You had a Vows Co-ordinator who met you before the event and checked out your requirements. On the day itself she meets you and takes you up to the Captains Cabin where a service is carried out (You have already chosen what type of service) with the Captain. You receive a certificate, a flower arrangement and a buttonhole, a lovely cake (huge!),a bottle of champagne, some champagne flutes and a silver photograph frame with a picture of your choice. The photographer then takes you around the ship and takes various pictures in situ and in the studio (About 90 images in all). You then pay extra for the photographs. I started the day with a champagne breakfast at 0700 as we approached Gibraltar and concluded with Dinner in the Horizon Bar (where the waiters serenaded us!) Of course the statutory visit to the hairdressers was an extra beforehand too!
    It certainly was an excellent way to celebrate 25 years together. I would recommend it to anyone and I am sure the other lines will have similar arrangements.
    Hope it all goes well for you both.
    Regards
    PM

CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

Images
    Hi dee
    I renewed my vows 5 yrs ago on Thomson Spirit,it was the same as PM described only the Captain carried out the ceremony on the bridge,as well as photos you also got a video. was my best day ever on a cruise ship.
    At the time it was 185,,,well worth it.
    The only embarrassing part for me was,,,you have dinner at the Captains table and they waited till the whole DR had sat down and they walk you in through the DR to the applause,,,,Me being the shy retiring type i nearly died.
    Go for it.
    JC

Last edited by jc, liverpool; 30th May 2011 at 05:05 PM.
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    The Guardian,,,,, Newspaper of the Year.

Images
    We have renewed our vows on both the Golden and the Grand and have arranged two weddings at sea.
    It is very easy to do Princess have a proper wedding chapels Oceana uses the Captains room just behind the bridge.
    Contact an agent you book the cruise first then the package all done on line with the coordinator. Everything from hair to flowers and restaurant through to wedding cake

Images
    Still holding out for renewal of vows after 43 years but some folks enjoy this and all the ships do go out of their way to make it special. Prices can go over the top but cheaper than the first time around.

Stay away from the mass renewals sometimes done on Cunard and other lines at Valentines day , stick to your private though quick renewal.

Rob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2015 / My Blog robbarcruises.com