Topic: Eclipse

Images

Eclipse

I apologise in advance if this is a really stupid question but... just booked a cabin on the midship "hump" ( sunrise deck) and looking in the brochure there is a Celebrity "X" in blue which crosses from top to bottom on this structure. Is the glass clear in the balconies? it is quite difficult to tell by the photograph and on Youtube most of the video was shot before the cross was added.
    Anyone know? thank you Carol

Images
    Have a look at the image of Eclipse starboard side taken in September and no crosses then so I doubt they would have added this type of panel as it was heavily criticised when guests joined the Solstice. billblyth.co.uk Could the image be an old one of Solstice.

Bill Byth

Website http://billblyth.co.uk

Images
    Thanks for that Bill, great pics by the way Looked on Ships Parade site as well and no sign of a cross.
    From what you say about Solstice does that mean that something was added that did indeed impinge on the balconies?..Carol

Last edited by Guy, Ormskirk; 13th March 2011 at 06:40 PM.

Carol,
    I speak with great 'experience' as I did an awful lot of research on this a couple of years ago! Having booked a cabin on the newly launched Equinox I too noticed the X on the mini hump and went to great lengths studying the Solstice to see where the X went through the balconies. They did opaque the balcony screen, so I asked to move one cabin over so I would be right in the middle of the X between the two legs of the cross.
    BUT be rest assured that because of so many passengers complaining that firstly they did not like the trademark X being moved from the funnel and secondly because some were not happy with the fact they did not have a clear balcony panel that Celebrity relented and moved the big white X back up on the funnel.

They did this both for Equinox and Eclipse, so rest assured your balcony panel will be clear.

Images
    Thank you so much S, for your reply, just what I needed to hear! Bill and yourself have reassured me.
    It's funny how once you get a feeling that you may have boobed it begins to bug you. Interesting that Celebrity took notice of passengers opinions and did something about it. Carol

Do you know, before we booked last year, we had exactly the same question, especially as we booked before she was finished. But be assured, the cabin you have picked are the most sought after on the hump (near to the lifts also) and are in the best position. We have rebooked for a B1 this year to the med, can't wait. They have really spacious balconies, you are in for a treat, Eclipse is my favourite ship out of the 7 I have been on..... Jo

P&O Artemis/Oceana/Aurora/Azura
    RCI - Independence of the Seas
    Celebrity Eclipse
    Cunard QM2/QE/QV
    Royal Princess

Images
    Thanks Jo, it just gets better and better! Big fan of Celebrity so looking forward to trying Eclipse..Carol