Wilba - Answered a Question by carver (08 Oct 08 10:30)

If it’s dual voltage 240/110 volt, it will work, but cameras, camcorders etc., in Hong Kong are little different in price to Currys & with the high excess baggage charges on long haul flights you could end up losing big time, plus you’ve got duty & VAT on arrival UK. Hong Kong is not cheap & can be a shock to the system. Thailand, I found behind the times on all things electronic so don’t bother. ‘Copy’ clothes & watches are the cheapies there. Can’t help with China or mobile phones. The place for electronics, camera’s etc. is Singapore.

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
Comment | Report
carver - replied to Wilba (08 Oct 08 12:52)

Thankyou very much for that, good advice.

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
Comment | Report

Newest Topics

CMV launch child friendly itinraries

annie, Glasgow -

Hey Hey Hey - Its the Forums Birthday...

Bradbury, Coventry -


Malcolm, Essex -

Rain in Bergen..........

Lawnmowerman, Tain -

Excursion Waitlist

Phils01, Cupar -


Hot Topics

5 most embarrassing cruise traditions

Malcolm, Essex -

Did it HAVE to be that one?

jan lowden, sunderland (2) -

Whales and the likelihood of seeing...

Neil Down, Southampton -

Spend, Save or Gift

carol, welwyn garden city -

Getting to Southampton

Little Red Rouster, Lancaster -

View More From The Forum