Rulten - Answered a Question by Dell (04 Aug 07 12:35)

I have just been on a Venice-Greek island cruise with Royal Caribbean for my 70th birthday and had a great time. I have cruised with this particular line before and have never had a problem . As others have already said in their replies; the Royal Caribbean ships are very clean. Go for it.

Nicholson - Answered a Question by Dell (04 Aug 07 12:38)

We have done numerous cruises with P & O and have never had any problems with illness. I think as long as you follow the hygeine standards you should have no problems. Unfortunately, there are still passengers who do not wash their hands after visiting the toilets.

Glover - Answered a Question by Dell (04 Aug 07 14:48)

It's been stated that there is no evidence that the people that fell ill on the Black Watch did so as a result of poor hygiene onboard. It seems the bug was caught onshore. We have sailed with Fred Olsen on 4 occassions including the infamous Iceland/Greenland cruise aboard the Black Prince last year during which a number of passengers came down with the norovirus. We've never been ill. The crew on Fred Olsen ships are very strict in making sure all passengers use the sanitising hand foam whenever you board the ship, enter the restaurants, etc. I truly believe that the passengers have just as much responsibilty in minimising the spread of any bugs as the cruise lines and ships crew. Unfortunately, on the aforementioned cruise to Iceland/Greenland it was amazing to see what some passengers did e.g.handling food and then putting it back.

Duffy - Answered a Question by Dell (04 Aug 07 17:43)

Thousands of people cruise each year and few incidents like this happen. I have done a couple of cruises and trust me the experience was brilliant. If I had allowed the anticipation of becoming ill to stand in the way of my holiday then I would have deprived myself of the experiences of a life time.

Elliott - Answered a Question by Dell (05 Aug 07 07:17)

I am 60 and about to go on my 5th cruise without any health problems. I have been on P & O, Royal Carribean and Princess liners and have never had any problems.

Morris - Answered a Question by Dell (05 Aug 07 14:16)

We have been on over ten cruises with different lines and never been taken ill. Both Celebrity and P&O ensure everyone sanitises their hands before entering any of their dining areas. I think those older ships that do not insist on this are the ones with problems. Both these lines also have people continually using similar products on bannisters/handrails/taps/doorhandles the entire time you are on board. Stop worrying, pick a reputable company like P&O or Celebrity and have a wonderful time.

Prev 1 2

Daily Top 10 Deals

• BEST SELLER! No Fly Spain, Portugal & France

P&O Cruises - Azura - 12 Oct 18 - 7nts

Southampton : Vigo : Lisbon : Oporto : Cherbourg : Southampton

Now from £521pp Was £749pp

• New Lower Price - Reduced Today!

• Free Port Parking on Balconies & Above

Click to View All P&O Cruise Deals >

• LOW PRICE! Spring Bank Hol - No Fly Spain & France

Princess Cruises - Sapphire Princess - 5 May 2018 - 7nts

Southampton : Guernsey (St Peter Port) : Bordeaux (Le Verdon) : Bilbao (Spain) : La Coruna (Spain) : Southampton

Now from £639pp Was £1229pp

• Final Few Cabins Remaining!
    • Exclusive Free Port Parking on B1 Balconies & Above

View All Princess Cruises from Southampton >

• Thailand & Singapore with Royal Lake and Sea Temples of Bali

Royal Caribbean - Voyager of the Seas - 26 Feb 2019 - 14nts

Fly UK to Bali (4nts 4* Hotel Stay) : Fly to Singapore (1nt Hotel Stay) : Embark Voyager of the Seas : Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang) : Penang (Malaysia) : Langkawi : Phuket (Thailand : overnight) : Singapore : Fly UK

Now from £1699pp