Ida and Neil Down - Answered a Question by Johansen (21 Feb 08 10:31)

Hi Brenda……Here is an extract from: Travelling to the UK from outside the European Union (EU) To be found on: When travelling from a non-EU country (including the Canary Islands, the Channel islands and Gibraltar) you can bring the following into the UK for your own use without paying UK tax or duty: § 200 cigarettes; or 100 cigarillos; or 50 cigars; or 250g of tobacco § 60cc of perfume § 2 litres of still table wine § 250cc of eau de toilette § 1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22 per cent volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine*, sparkling wine or other liqueurs *such as port or sherry and § £145 worth of all other goods including gifts and souvenirs. If you have any more than these allowances you must declare the goods in the red channel or use the red point phone. If you do not, you are breaking the law and we may prosecute you. § If you are under 17 you cannot have the tobacco and alcohol allowances. If you check back a few questions and also look up “seasickness “ you will find loads of answers for that. If you are going there we’ve found that St. Thomas offers very good prices for all the things you are interesred in and cameras etc. Hope that helps….Neil .

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
Brozyna - Answered a Question by Johansen (23 Feb 08 17:43)

When you go back on board any bags you are carrying will be xrayed and you must hand in any booze which will be collected at the end of the cruise. We have done a couple of med cruises on OV and OV2 and managed to bring booze back on in Palma as they xray before you board rather than on the ship.

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
Comment | Report