Carnival Cruise Line has announced that its onboard shopping experience is undergoing a total transformation.
It will include renovated spaces and popular items from some of the world’s best-known retailers, including Victoria’s Secret, Swarovski, Pandora, TAG and more.
Carnival‘s Vice President of Retail William Butler has revealed that the upgraded retail venues are the result of research gathered to customize its onboard shopping options to truly match the preferences of Carnival guests.
“We’re committed to enhancing every aspect of our operations– which includes, of course, onboard shopping – and our expanded and enhanced retail offerings provide guests with an opportunity to enjoy some ‘retail therapy’ and take home a unique and memorable keepsake from their Carnival vacation,” Butler stated.
The new offerings available across the fleet will include:
- Pandora (10 ships) – The nation’s top costume jewelelry provider offers a selection of custom bracelets, rings, necklaces, and charms, including, appropriately enough, some tied to a vacation theme with cruise ships, palm trees and sandals.
- Victoria’s Secret (22 ships)– purveyor of top beauty products offering a variety of popular items and accessories, including mists, lotions and perfumes.
- Swarovski (25 ships)– One of the world’s leading retailers of fashion jewellery offering custom jewellery, pearls, sterling silver and more.
- TAG (24 ships)– A leading manufacturer of high-end luxury timepieces, TAG’s constantly evolving line of fine watches are worn by celebrities and sports stars around the world.
- Effy (12 ships)– One of the largest manufactures of fine jewellery in the U.S., Effy’s tax- and duty-free items include a lifetime guarantee and run the gamut from colored gemstones and diamonds to tanzanite and other top-of-the-line products.
- Invicta (25 ships)– This high-end retailer offers a full line of fashion watches with hundreds of different styles to choose from: exercise to every day and special occasions, providing consumers with a watch to suit any mood or taste.
- Los Cincos Soles (4 ships)– This Mexican-themed retailer offers sterling silver jewellery, souvenirs, T-shirts, authentic arts and crafts created by local artisans.
Additionally, Carnival‘s Cherry on Top sweets shops offering candies and novelty items are currently available on 20 ships.
The line’s shipboard retail experience has also been enhanced with new activities, special promotions, and giveaways, and in-store parties.
Select ships also have stand-alone kiosks with “wearable tech” accessories that include the latest fitness trackers, pedometers, and heart rate monitors by brands like Fossil.
Over the past year, Carnival has completely renovated the shopping outlets on Carnival Sensation, Carnival Elation, Carnival Conquest and Carnival Valor with Carnival Victory, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Legend and Carnival Paradise scheduled for retail refurbishments in the coming year.
The new Carnival Horizon, set to debut in spring 2018, will sail with a shopping experience that has been billed as the line’s largest to date, with two decks of shops, boutiques and displays of top-name retailers.
What do you think about Carnival‘s revitalized shopping experience? Are the retailers onboard important to you? Which brands are you most excited to see onboard? Leave us your comments!
Carnival Reveal Magnificent Twist Onboard Newest Ship! Carnival has unveiled an updated LED “Dreamscape” canvas aboard the upcoming Carnival Horizon. As an evolution from sister-ship, the atrium will…
Carnival Ship Back On The Seas After Shock Refurb Carnival Cruise Line’s 2,052-passenger ship, Carnival Elation, is ready to set sail again following an extensive renovation. The project has added a new water park…