Four other Princess ships have previously been scheduled to feature the new technology: Regal Princess on November 13th 2017; Royal Princess on January 19th 2018; Caribbean Princess on March 18th 2018; and Island Princess on May 16th 2018.
Tony Roberts, vice president of Princess Cruises UK and Europe, stated: ‘By the beginning of 2019, seven Princess ships will be in the Ocean Medallion Class fleet and we’re looking forward to others being equipped with the Ocean Medallion in the future.’
The Ocean Medallion is a wearable device, the same size as a 10 pence piece, that is fully automated and has no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function.
The medallion pairs up with the Ocean Compass, which acts as a ‘digital concierge’ and is accessible via personal mobile devices, stateroom TVs and interactive displays throughout the ship.
Together, the Ocean Medallion and Ocean Compass will be used to:
· Streamline the embarkation and disembarkation process as the medallion gives quick and easy access to the ship
· Unlock guests’ assigned stateroom door as they approach, therefore replacing the current key card
· Enable guests to purchase merchandise, services, excursions, food and drinks
· Provide enhanced dining experiences based on personalised food and drink preferences
· Enhance interaction with crew members and other guests
· Help guests find their way to venues around the ship
· Place reservations for the onboard spas and restaurants
Two ships based in Europe in the spring and summer of 2018 will have Ocean Medallion technology onboard: Royal Princess will cruise the British Isles roundtrip from Southampton, and Regal Princess will tour Scandinavia and the Baltics.
Roberts continued: ‘Over the next few years, more and more of our guests will be able to experience the brand new technology not found anywhere else in the world, to have an even more personalised and memorable cruise with Princess.’
But, what do you think of Princess‘ new technology? Are you interested in the Ocean Medallion? Are there more advantages to it than disadvantages? Leave us your thoughts and comments below!
Every Detail On Princess’ New Technology Revealed! Princess‘ newly announced vessel will also feature the recently released Ocean Medallion Class, including the Ocean Medallion, a first-of-its-kind wearable device that promises to offer enhanced…